lonley new comer,looking for a camper to love (1 Viewer)

evor the idiot

Free Member
Jan 25, 2010
Funster No
finding a camper is a minefield,to expensive,to big,to small,to old.the Goldilocks syndrome,were is the one thats right for me.The search goes on.:Eeek:

Francuccio

Free Member
Jan 24, 2010
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Too long, since 1974
finding a camper is a minefield,to expensive,to big,to small,to old.the Goldilocks syndrome,were is the one thats right for me.The search goes on.:Eeek:
You can't be that much of an idiot if are taking your time getting/choosing whats right for you??:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
good evening and welcome,although ihave a decrepit old camper i am at the moment searching high and low for two campers for 2 freinds and yes everything you said is spot on,i wish you more luck than we are having over in spain,prices for secondhand seem so much more :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
welcome to the fun evor.

you make the right choice coming here for advise......
everyone will tell you theirs is the best and you must buy one. :ROFLMAO:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hi Ever and welcome you said all the right things, all you have to do now is look at size, layout, no of berths do you want LHD orRHD ovecab beds, low line most of all price is the issue.
I wish you well in your search keep looking, visit the local motorhome outlets:thumb::thumb::thumb:

barnybg

Free Member
Jan 23, 2010
Bulgaria/Greece/Turkey/Wa
Funster No
MH
coahbuilt
Exp
ON and off 10 years but trav 25
You ll find one !

Hiya Butty,You'll find one,just narrow it down by ticking the boxes and you'll find the right one,for the right price.:thumb:

gillr49

Free Member
Aug 8, 2007
Holbeach Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi and welcome
Like you we sweated over which starter model at a decent price, but think about it and go for it. I dont think I would ever find the ideal you have to be a bit flexible and it is worth it in the end

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.

Welcome.
You are a rarity::bigsmile:. There's not many idiots on this forum...
Headcases, yes; lunatics, yes; those that lost the plot years ago, oh yes.
But not idiots, oh no:roflmto:

Anyway it seems like your idiocy is only skin deep. After all you've joined Motorhome Fun - hardly an idiotic action.:thumb::roflmto:

John

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site, what do you think you are looking for, I have 1971 tax exempt poptop 4 berth transit based CI cheap as chips. Also a 1981 mercedes 508d based 6 berth Newlander (see my avatar) also for sale. Let us know your needs, wants and budget.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Got to start somewhere....

How many to sleep in it ?

How far do you want to travel ? England, UK, western Europe, all Europe ?

Do you want massive space or "just enough" ?

Won't ask money, that's a bit difficult. But you might give a broad range.

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
I've got no connection with Johns Cross, (except for camping gear), but they spent about 1 1/2 hours talking us through options, though we said up-front we were not then ready to buy. ( we bought from someone who failed to find a buyer on e-bay). I don't know Brownhills, so can't and won't comment about their present problems - see elswhere today - but most firms are in the JC category. Go and ask almost any firm, don't fool them by saying you're ready to buy immediately, and listen hard.

One important thing. You're going to live in the 'van. Make sure you like the decor - if you don't, it'll drive you bonkers.

One less important thing. I'm a pretty experienced motorist, (1m+ miles) but with little previous van-drving experience. Don't worry too much about the driving side, you'll get used to it.

Good luck

PS good start, finding this site!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back