No charge getting to Leisure battery (1 Viewer)

LenChen

Free Member
Jan 23, 2010
Darwen, Lancs
Funster No
MH
SWIFT
Exp
1 year, caravanner before that
I have a 2003 Swift Kon-Tiki on a fiat chasis. My son took his daughter for a weekend away but didn't realise how cold it was. Whilst the van was connected to mains electric he decided he needed more heat and switched on the engine for more warmth. Since then there hasn't been any reading on the controls from the leisure battery and the lights don't work from that battery either. I have done my best to check all the fuses (I may have missed one or two - its been so cold outside!) but haven't been able to find any blown. I have I missed a fuse or is there another problem? Thanks for any help.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
starting the engine has possibly damaged the charger/power supply or the control panel.

the panel on mine (2001 kontiki) is pretty basic being just a switching unit with a couple of anologue gauges for water and battery voltage so nowt really to break in there.

if it is the charger dont bother replacing like for like.....have a look for a proper charger.....

i fitted this one.....probably cheaper than the original.

amperor

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just a thought....

if yours is an Inter-power charger the same as mine was...... then look on the top next to the on/off switch.
there is a 15a fuse which fits downwards against spring pressure into a tube on the casing.

a small plastic screw, slightly larger than the fuse, holds it in.

not sure if this is for the 230v input or 12v output though im almost certain its the output

Last edited:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi My Swift had a 20 amp fuse near the leisure battery it blew once and no lights etc worked it could be that one. worth a try. Pete:Sad:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi My Swift had a 20 amp fuse near the leisure battery it blew once and no lights etc worked it could be that one. worth a try. Pete:Sad:
bugger!!!!!! forgot about that one. :Doh:

that would make more sense as lenchen says....Since then there hasn't been any reading on the controls from the leisure battery and the lights don't work from that battery either. which points to the engine battery working the lights ok.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LenChen

Free Member
Jan 23, 2010
Darwen, Lancs
Funster No
MH
SWIFT
Exp
1 year, caravanner before that
Problem fixed !!!

:Smile:

Thanks everyone for your help. Looks like Peter Marshall got it right. The leisure battery is under the passenger seat and once I got the cover off I found an in-line 20amp fuse which had blown. Replaced it and now all's OK. Simple after I had checked all the other fuses in 4 different boxes including the fuses by the relay & charging unit !!!!!

Thanks again everyone

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back