Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
I have a 1991 Hymer 544 with the rectangular headlights. It's an import and the lights are set for LHD use, with beam benders fitted.

Is there a way of adjusting the lights to UK settings?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
unfortunately not....it will always dip to the right.....its the pattern on the lens and the slight twisted angle of the bulb that decides..:Sad:

Last edited:

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I have a 1991 Hymer 544 with the rectangular headlights. It's an import and the lights are set for LHD use, with beam benders fitted.

Is there a way of adjusting the lights to UK settings?

Hi.
I'm afraid you will have to keep using beam benders or fit new lenses, these are normally readily available and easy to change. Just check the manufacturer of the lens, ie. Hella and google it.

Mike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hycon

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
N.E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
just starting
I have a LHD Hymer .Bought some S/H Headlights from a RHD Fiat ducato van off EBay and fitted them cheaper than new units. Worked OK only problem was at the MOT test when the aim was too far to the near side ,on one of them and the ajusters would not move it enough, so I had to pack the mountings to direct the beam.Also if you can be bothered you can fit the old units back if you go to Europe for long periods.
Sid

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back