is wild camping allowed in italy? (1 Viewer)

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
on our euro trip one of our stops are italy to visit my mrs mum who will be on a coach trip. (thanks to them who helped me find that location) Ive been on to the tourist board there and they said the nearest campsite is 35km away from the hotel, so we will be wildcamping if that is allowed. its our 1st time to italy so we are unsure any info would be great. thanks tommy

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I would just park in hotel car park along with the coaches...if this is unacceptable just move around the corner somewhere quiet::bigsmile:

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
We spent a winter six months in Italy and Sicily and wild camped a fair bit without any problem.

It was explained to me by an Italian motorhomer that it is legal to park up unless there are signs saying you shouldn't. However, you must not have, or put, anything outside the MH.

Even though there may not be a campsite there may be a Sosta or Area Attreza (spelling may be wrong) for campervans that are like Aires in France.

The idea of parking in the Hotel car park is a good one - having a meal there and asking might just do it.

:Smile:
Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
cheers guys, i was thinking of ringing the hotel and asking them because we always have a drink at night in the hotel with the mrs family, just wanted to check if wild camping is allowed just incase they dont have a carpark or the space for 2 motorhomes

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Yes and a lovely place to do it! We have some GPS points on our site where we found (incl on Lake Como!)
Same as ever though its better out of season...
Guida Camper from Vicarous books is a good buy for Italy too - as is Bordatlas.
Enjoy! Italy has ups and downs - but the ups more than make up for it as it is fantastic!

smifee

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
chandler's ford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi tommytli

In 2005 had 6 weeks in Italy and only 4 nights on sites. If any of the locals come over to you don't panic. They just ask if you like there village/town/region/country in that order.

If you do the downhill mountain biking who does the uphill?:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
Hi tommytli

In 2005 had 6 weeks in Italy and only 4 nights on sites. If any of the locals come over to you don't panic. They just ask if you like there village/town/region/country in that order.

If you do the downhill mountain biking who does the uphill?:Doh:

isnt that why uplifts were invented or i do a lot of pushing:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: thanks for the info,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back