Site recommendations in North Wales open now (1 Viewer)

denzil

Free Member
Oct 23, 2009
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Nov 2009
We have only been out once in our motorhome since getting it in November and I am sick of watching my husband tweak and fix and generally faff about with it. He is desperate to get away and we actually have a free weekend so plan to use it. I am looking to book somewhere in North Wales if anyone has any recommendations. Our main requirement is that dogs are allowed and the site is walkable or cycling distance to beach for kids.

Any pointers appreciated. Thanks :roflmto:

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
There are plenty of wildcamping sites around North Wales, one of my favourites is criccieth, Do you want a site with a pool and a club/bar etc ? there are also plenty of places to wildcamp on Anglesey this time of year.

John

bmb1uk

Free Member
Jan 1, 2010
LEICS
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Try dinas dinile,park next to sea ,free

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
There are plenty of wildcamping sites around North Wales, one of my favourites is criccieth, Do you want a site with a pool and a club/bar etc ? there are also plenty of places to wildcamp on Anglesey this time of year.

John

Conway marina is nice - nice town , loads of history ,good walks , good pub great views of the sea .
Beumaris is also good - easy to find a wildcamp site
Caernarfon - the castle , the pubs , the history
Newborough - forest walks , beaches , solitude

Loads of places to wild camp this time of year depends what your after really ?

OP
OP
denzil

denzil

Free Member
Oct 23, 2009
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Nov 2009
Thanks to all for your suggestions. I think parking by the sea at Dinas Dinle sounds great!

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
Thanks to all for your suggestions. I think parking by the sea at Dinas Dinle sounds great!

Dinas Dinlle is very nice, the road to it is single track and narrow so take your time, if you fancy a night in Criccieth go right along the prom to the caffe car park at the end of the prom and stay there, the cafe is a lock up and only opens from 11 till 4 , very quiet apart from the odd train, We've stayed there a few times and its very idilic.

john

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
Conway marina is nice - nice town , loads of history ,good walks , good pub great views of the sea .
Beumaris is also good - easy to find a wildcamp site
Caernarfon - the castle , the pubs , the history
Newborough - forest walks , beaches , solitude

Loads of places to wild camp this time of year depends what your after really ?

All of the above plus Lligwy, very quiet, lovely beach.

Benni-Boy

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years
Hi, we really like Hendre Mynach. About 50yds from beach and a nice promenade walk to Barmouth a nice little town. Very tidy site with shop and small take away.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
............if you can ignore the constant racket off the A55.:Blush:

This is a great site which is well kept, clean and tidy. We never had a problem with the A55 or the Railway. Its a sort of white noise.

It is also serviced by a great bus service, the busses run every 10 minute up and down the coast.
The beach is 10minutes walk down the road but it isnt a very good beach, you need to walk off toward Colwn Bay to find some decent sand.

As you are walking down to the beach there is a small turning to the right, this is a lovely river walk an ideal place for a picnic.

The site is bit expensive and for us old people the busses in Wales dont take English Travel Passes which has put us off going there quite a lot.

The pictures on the Web Site are out of date, its far nicer than it looks on the web.

Jim
:Smile:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi, we really like Hendre Mynach. About 50yds from beach and a nice promenade walk to Barmouth a nice little town. Very tidy site with shop and small take away.

I agree, weve been there a couple of times and really enjoyed it. Its a good place if you have kids with you.

Jim

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
This is a great site which is well kept, clean and tidy. We never had a problem with the A55 or the Railway. Its a sort of white noise.

Jim

Thanks Jim, that's good to know.:thumb:
It's one of those sites which I've passed loads of times and thought it looked nice but thought, "flippin' 'eck, it must be noisy!"
If you say not, I might give it a crack.

Ta:thumb:

Frankie

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
I agree, weve been there a couple of times and really enjoyed it. Its a good place if you have kids with you.

Jim

Was there for xmas, agree nice site,very friendly, just a short walk across railway track to beach and short walk along prom to Barmouth, toilets and showers spotless,

Tim

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
This one is good and if the kids want an adventure hire a yurt for them,they will think they are Ghingis Khan!!

www.graigwen.co.uk

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back