Free Member
Mar 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2005
Do follow me on twitter at motorhomenews just to be kept up to date but not overwhelmed with numerous pointless messages. This is NOT an official part of the MotorhomeFun site but a personal contribution from a motorhome owner!!

Christopher Macgowan

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Do follow me on twitter at motorhomenews just to be kept up to date but not overwhelmed with numerous pointless messages. This is NOT an official part of the MotorhomeFun site but a personal contribution from a motorhome owner!!

Christopher Macgowan

Perhaps you could explain to the "great unwashed" out here exactly what "Twitter" is and why use it??

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Christopher Macgowan

Why ? - to be blunt. I do blunt as only a northerner can.

When Facebook came out I fell for it, didn't like the way they kept trying to get a credit card registered, otherwise similar to a forum with added sugar - "do you want to be my friend?"

I threw up and resigned.

Never seen twitter 'till one minute ago. It let me in, which is one up on Facebook, but then all I saw were a mass of links - to here - do I need them twice ? Soon it crashed and said something like "too many twitters, try later". I really don't see the point.

Unless the point is publicity for here in which case it's not for us but *them*.

Sorry to be negative.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I don't get it either might be good for advertising though. If I have the time I might look at it. Not that I'm an advertising Guru.:whatthe: It only occurred to me over supper this evening that with all the facts members seeing that Hitler parody If I had just given it a bit of thought and taken five more minutes to put an advert for The security handbook or the Travel Journal on the end of it, the club might be a bit richer tonight :Doh::Doh:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
the original post looks suspiciously like advertising to me by someone who seems to be saying there are many pointless messages elsewhere, does he mean here I wonder.
also is he a motor homer of a caravaner, does it make a difference, should we care, maybe members who are hells angels and like a bit of camping should be encouraged as well, the more the merrier thats what I say.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
now where is that hairy bikers naturist meet this weekend.

bill2b

Free Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
He has a Dot com :Cool:

A short clip off it

Christopher Macgowan is a visiting professor at the University of Buckingham’s Business School’s Centre for Automotive Management. He is Chairman of the DfT’s Interoperability Forum which will help steer the delivery of interoperability between different road pricing schemes such as toll charges at bridges or congestion charges such as we see in London. He is Vice Chairman of the DfT’s Motorists’ Forum which helps government and industry work together and keeps the interests of the motorist firmly on the agenda.
Christopher Macgowan is the former Chief Executive of both The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) and The Retail Motor Industry Federation (RMIF). Christopher is a Freeman of the City of London; a Fellow of the Institute of the Motor Industry; a vice president of the Automotive Fellowship International and the former Interim Chief Executive of BEN - the automotive industry charity. He is a trustee of the National Motor Museum; a member of the Worshipful Company of Coachmakers and a director of The Caravan Club. He is also a director of Farleigh Hospice in Chelmsford, Essex. In 2008 he was appointed Officer to The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list.
Christopher worked for British Leyland early in his career and lived in Canada for a number of years. He joined Massey Ferguson in 1973 and more recently was with Ransomes plc.
What drives him is his determination to maintain and enhance the reputation of the United Kingdom as a globally attractive operating centre - particularly for advanced manufacturing companies - and for hich tech R&D companies. The UK has for many years enjoyed a high level of inward investment by global automotive manufacturers and successfully hosts factories owned by many of the big brands. In fact, there are more major brands manufactured in the UK than in any other European member state. He also is committed to improving the transport infrastrucure to make the UK attractive to inward investors and ease the pain on the UK’s motorists.
He has a well known passion for information technology and how it can drive down costs and enhance communication across many platforms in any business enterprise.

Phew the long winter evenings must fly by :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Strewth, never saw that lot coming, but what was the twitter bit all about, twitter and bacefook appear to me to be very immature ways of blowing your own trumpet and not a forum for somebody of this importance.:whatthe::whatthe:

bill2b

Free Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Larry
I dont think that was a twitter page I got it from it was a whole website dedicated to blowing his own trumpet :roflmto::roflmto:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
He has a Dot com :Cool:
A short clip off it
Phew the long winter evenings must fly by :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I wonder if he has time to put forward a view on the absurd situation of block booking CC sites and then not bothering to turn up and leaving them empty so half us can't get a pitch when we want them ?

Now that is worth twittering about.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Larry
I dont think that was a twitter page I got it from it was a whole website dedicated to blowing his own trumpet :roflmto::roflmto:

Bill, I may have got it wrong but his thread starts ' do follow me on twitter----- '

Larry

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Its a wonder a couple of posts havent been pulled yet given the standard of speeling:ROFLMAO: on here

Jim

:roflmto:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Christopher Macgowan is a visiting professor at the University of Buckingham’s Business School’s Centre for Automotive Management

I'm puzzled by that statement .. what is a visiting professor ? Can anyone explain ?

He's not on the university faculty so is it an honorary title ?
Link Removed

Christopher Macgowan’s Education
Link Removed
Marlborough College 1960 — 1964

also this information is wrong or out of date
He is Chairman of the DfT’s Interoperability Forum

He is on the committee but not as chair
Link Removed

No mention in the 2008 Queens Birthday Honours list... .
Link Removed

puzzled even more

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi maybe its an age thing? why would I want to follow somebody on twitter? what makes people think anybody would follow them?

The fact is many people do, its completely beyond me. :Doh:

Here you go Jim: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visiting_scholar

Olley

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This Funster was awarded the ORDER OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE in the queens Link Removed
Christopher John MacGowan. Formerly chief executive, Society of MotorManufacturers and Traders. For services to the Automotive Industry. (Essex)
He has asked you to follow him on twitter, not babysit your children, so questioning his CV on an open forum is not really required. ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back