Another question: On the way to London (1 Viewer)

lavieyuca

Free Member
Jul 22, 2009
North of Spain
Funster No
Exp
Our ferry will arrive to Portsmouth at 18 in the afternoon, do you think it's a good moment to drive to London? Would it be better if we sleep near Porstmouth and drive to London next day?
I have seen that we are going to drive by Winchester on our way to London, perhaps it could be a good place to sleep (there is a caravan club site near it).
Thank you very much from Spain.

Yoli

john-A

Free Member
Dec 6, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika
Exp
n/a
Hola!
Here are some I found in Google
WINCHESTER

FOLLY FARM TOURING AND CARAVAN PARK
Crawley, Nr Winchester, Hampshire, SO21 2PH
Tel: 01962 776486
Folly Farm is a flat site midway between Winchester and Stockbridge. The facilities include a shower room with a a toilet that can accommodate people with disabilities. There are family pubs serving food in the surrounding area, only a short walk away from the site. Folly Farm is the ideal location for those who enjoy walking and/or fishing holidays. Please contact us for further information.

Price: POA
Pitches for: Tents & Vans
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morn Hill Caravan Club Site
Morn Hill, Winchester, Hampshire, SO21 1HL
Tel: 01962 869887 Web: Link Removed
Discounts are given to members of The Caravan Club, please check with the park regarding non-members and availability.
Price: POA
Pitches for: Tents & Vans

______________________________________________________________________________________
Balldown Touring Caravan Park
Stockbridge Road
Sparshott
Winchester
Hampshire
SO21 2NA
Tel: 01962 776619
Pitches: 16
Be the first to review
Full details Other Sites in Area
Please mention the UKCampsite.co.uk when you book or enquire!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Folly Farm Touring Caravan Park
Crawley
Winchester
Hampshire
SO21 2PH
Tel: 01962 776486
Pitches: 32
Reviews: 17

Full details Other Sites in Area
Please mention the UKCampsite.co.uk when you book or enquire!
Vicarage Farm Certificated Location
Woodmancott Lane
Woodmancott
Winchester
Hampshire
SO21 3BL
Tel: 01256 397616
Pitches: 5 Caravan Club Only
Open: Open All Year

Ring first to make sure they are open all year Enjoy your stay

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
It will be fine to drive to London and there are a number of camp sites open.

Let us know where you decide to stay you never know you may near some funsters xxxxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L

lavieyuca

Free Member
Jul 22, 2009
North of Spain
Funster No
Exp
Morn Hill is ok, have stayed a few times on way to south coast :Smile:

It is the campsite I find at the caravan club websiteand perhaps we could visit The Round Table of Arthur King. My son has read a lot about them.

We hesitate if go to London the the same day we arrive in or drive to London next day. How far is it? are there traffic jams?What would you do?

Yoli

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We hesitate if go to London the the same day we arrive in or drive to London next day. How far is it? are there traffic jams?What would you do?

Yoli

Very wise. If you arrive at 18:00 you might not clear Portsmouth until 19:00. Then 70-100 miles depending on which part of London you are going to. Traffic can be terrible. If the traffic in *not* terrible you've gone to the wrong place.

OP
OP
L

lavieyuca

Free Member
Jul 22, 2009
North of Spain
Funster No
Exp
It will be fine to drive to London and there are a number of camp sites open.

Let us know where you decide to stay you never know you may near some funsters xxxxx

Nowadays we know we are going to stay at Abbey Wood campsite to visit London , I hope we can know you and other funster too. We'll carry some spanish wine and my husband makes a delicious spanish omelette...:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Yoli

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Traffic can be terrible. If the traffic in *not* terrible you've gone to the wrong place.

What does this mean Brian:whatthe:. do you mean if the traffic is not terrible ........ :winky:

Yoli, If you are arriving in Portsmouth at 1800hrs it will be better and more relaxed for you to stop somewhere and travel to London the next day, nice and fresh.

Jim
:Smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lavieyuca

Free Member
Jul 22, 2009
North of Spain
Funster No
Exp
Very wise. If you arrive at 18:00 you might not clear Portsmouth until 19:00. Then 70-100 miles depending on which part of London you are going to. Traffic can be terrible. If the traffic in *not* terrible you've gone to the wrong place.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Thank you very much.

I hope I could find the right way, I think we are going to stay that night near Winchester.
Is it difficult to clear Porstmouth from the port?

Yoli

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Nowadays we know we are going to stay at Abbey Wood
Yoli

Nice site but the far side of London. In my opinion you do not want to leave at 18:00 and hope to get there. I'm not sure but I think they close the office around 18:00.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Is it difficult to clear Porstmouth from the port?
Yoli

No, as long as you know your route and what roads signs to look for.

Autoroute takes you up the A3 right to the M25 and HELL. This is 100.7 miles.

But if you want to stop in Winchester, which is a good idea, you are going all motorway so you look for M275/M27/M3 probably signposted Southampton Then look for Winchester.

I am not from that area and have made mistakes in the past. It's very easy.

Going this way is more like 130 miles.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi,

Portsmouth docks are very simple to exit from as they are on the outskirts of the town with direct access to the motorway. If the traffic is not to bad you should be in Winchester about an hour after the ferry arrives.
As has been stated in previous posts if you are going to use club sites make sure you have a resevation, if you expect to arrive late phone them and let them know in advance most wardens are quite helpful.

Mike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back