Favourite T.H.S (1 Viewer)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Whats your favourite temporary holiday site ? mine at thisd moment in time has to be Royal Victoria country park Netley Southampton. A few districts use this place the big rally field has a few toilets and showers now and the park and area has lots of walks etc. Few pubs and eateries local rail station bus stops only £4 pound into the city return from bust stop short walk from site. cafe on the park and a great kids playground and a light railway some nights you can see the cruise liners pass bye.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I've not done many THS's Paul but I was hoping to do more this year.
Had a bargain recently on the one at Gwithian, great campsite.
I've seen Victoria Park is used alot & may give it a go although it's a bit close to the Forest & that's such a pull. Maybe time to try something new:)

Have you seen the fb page for c&cc members called something like all the da's?
All ths'/meets are kept updated + some seem to be on there that aren't in the mag.

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I've seen Victoria Park is used alot & may give it a go although it's a bit close to the Forest & that's such a pull. Maybe time to try something new:)

All ths'/meets are kept updated + some seem to be on there that aren't in the mag.

I havnt seen that FB group I will take a look we are of to victoria park next weekend but have to be home for Monday unfortunately. Wife has just given up working Mondays but it dosnt start until week after Doh I could always send her home on bus or train though I guess lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I havnt seen that FB group I will take a look we are of to victoria park next weekend but have to be home for Monday unfortunately. Wife has just given up working Mondays but it dosnt start until week after Doh I could always send her home on bus or train though I guess lol

Dont know if this will work

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ccc.allda/

Rub it in why dont you..NF only 200miles away from me:cry:

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Rallys are just too far away for the time we have available time I get away from work friday time I get there time to come home.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
image.png
image.png
image.png

If you're in c&cc you can download the 'out&about' app which is brilliant. It has all the DA meets throughout the country. You put in the town and can search up to 100 miles and the list appears. You can also use the filter to search within certain dates. Photos above

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
View attachment 163877 View attachment 163878 View attachment 163879

If you're in c&cc you can download the 'out&about' app which is brilliant. It has all the DA meets throughout the country. You put in the town and can search up to 100 miles and the list appears. You can also use the filter to search within certain dates. Photos above

I use this but its nice to get some feedback on which ones are good

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Burton Bradstock, Dorset. Organised by one of the C&CC district clubs. Short walk along footpaths to the beach. West Bay is within walking distance too. Free wifi at Burton Bradstock library, couple of pubs in the village.
Beach is where Broadchurch was filmed and I can't believe I climbed the footpath up to the cliff tops just a few years ago.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
It used to be Higher Harlyn Park near Padstow, organised by Birmingham DA during July & August. We first went for the eclipse in 1999: £10 pupn, with lovely toilets, showers, swimming pool, bar & restaurant. Normal punters were paying over £25 pn. The price is now £20 although a non-CCC family pitch would cost £30 (more if you want EHU). Drive down to one of the bays in the morning and get a good spot, before eating breakfast.

Gordon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back