Filling twin gaslow bottles (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Thinking as you do, I have one empty and one maybe half full 11kg bottles. If I put say 20ltrs of gas in, where is it going to go? Will each bottle equalize?

Discuss....:whistle:

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Doesn't really matter as long as you get the gas in one or the other.(y)(y);)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
From experience, despite one supposedly being empty I doubt it is so you'll be lucky to actually GET 20 litres in the pair of them!:D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Well if you must insist upon only 20L turn off the empty one and use the autogas pump. The half full one will then fill and the pump will cut out.
Turn off the now full one, turn on the empty one and put the balance up to your desired total of 20L into that previously empty one.
I have a 2 x 6kg Gaslow set-up and the gas is so inexpensive I just keep 'em both full, because I'm worth it.
It doesn't work like that ... when you turn off the cylinders it only stops the gas already in them going to the regulator/equipment, it has no effect whatsoever on the gas going into them from the filler ... they will both be 'gassed'! :D

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
It doesn't work like that ... when you turn off the cylinders it only stops the gas already in them going to the regulator/equipment, it has no effect whatsoever on the gas going into them from the filler ... they will both be 'gassed'! :D

Yes, you're quite right. Silly me.:rolleyes: I've just come in from a couple of hours of replacing hoses and re-fitting Calor cylinders to my son's caravan in the drive and my brain's in Calor mode. I'll edit my previous post if poss to avoid any confusion.
:oops:

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Correct

Also minxygirl while you are there thanks for all the 3 feel at home, second year running it works a treat, like now.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Also minxygirl while you are there thanks for all the 3 feel at home, second year running it works a treat, like now.
Just want to clarify for new forumites that this is in reference to '3' data sims and nothing to do with my visiting him 3 times at his home to 'feel him up' and get his bits working ... which I haven't!!!!:X3:

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
Each bottle holds about 21 litres of gas - 42 litres in total.

Unless you are a few quid brassic of a total fill of around 30 litres and can only afford 20 litres from your supplier then WTF does it matter which bottle is filled or not?

Or is it a rhetorical question?

:france: :france: :france: :france:

OP
OP
Boringfrog
Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Or is it a rhetorical question?

:france: :france: :france: :france:

I did say In was just thinking....but imagine you're almost overload with cheap vino etc and you are heading back to blighty and you don't need 44ltrs or 22kg of extra weight and you just wanna top up.....

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Just want to clarify for new forumites that this is in reference to '3' data sims and nothing to do with my visiting him 3 times at his home to 'feel him up' and get his bits working ... which I haven't!!!!:X3:
Whilst I am here i just need to second @Minxy Girl s expertise in this matter and am better for it.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Whilst I am here i just need to second @Minxy Girl s expertise in this matter and am better for it.
images_1.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
You ARE talking about the sim ... aren't you???? Can't let our little secret out can we ....

;)

Oh heck ... too late! :LOL:

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Minxy Girl wrote,From experience, despite one supposedly being empty I doubt it is so you'll be lucky to actually GET 20 litres in the pair of them!:D

I recently refilled my two empty cylinders and according to the Asda guage i put in 22.7 litres of gas !! and was charged for it too !!

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I am also using a prepaid 3 sim to send this, thanks minxy. We are on a site with wifi but they charge silly money for it so we're not using it. Site itself very nice and not too pricey on acsi. We are at camping aquarius, at sant pere pescador (St Peter the Fishmonger)

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
From my experience some pumps are better than others when filling. Some pumps appear to give up after a while i.e. they do not register the tanks as being full but input is slowed to a derisory speed and you give up while others will fill to 40 at top speed. I have an Alugas system (tyvm DNLVS) and the gauge shows empty when half full. I have never bothered swapping the sensor to the second cylinder to see if it gives me a different reading but gas does tend to last a long time unless used for heating.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I have 2 off Gasit 11 kg cylinders, although tank one was showing 0 it kept working and the Truma regulator did not auto switch to tank 2. Then one day it did. A few days later when the Dometic guy was changing the electric element we switched off the gas. After switching back on it started operating from tank 1 again. Then went to fill a few days later and got 23.5 litres in. Its voodoo!

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
Why of course you did - no need to justify yourself to us :D::bigsmile:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
It is a maater of volume and pressure, coupled together by a common filling hose they will fill unequally UNTIL the pressure start to equalise and then they will end up at the same in both, the valves close and that is it your complete system is full.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Minxy Girl wrote,From experience, despite one supposedly being empty I doubt it is so you'll be lucky to actually GET 20 litres in the pair of them!:D

I recently refilled my two empty cylinders and according to the Asda guage i put in 22.7 litres of gas !! and was charged for it too !!

I was referring to the OP's one 'empty' and one 'half full' cylinders not your 2 empties you muppet! :LOL: ;)

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
minxy girl wrote, I was referring to the OP's one 'empty' and one 'half full' cylinders not your 2 empties you muppet!

Now then lady ( and i use that term very loosely ) there is no need to lower yourself to name calling !! It does work both ways but being brought up properly i will not lower myself too that level !!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
minxy girl wrote, I was referring to the OP's one 'empty' and one 'half full' cylinders not your 2 empties you muppet!

Now then lady ( and i use that term very loosely ) there is no need to lower yourself to name calling !! It does work both ways but being brought up properly i will not lower myself too that level !!
Ah ... don't take it to heart ... I do quite LIKE muppets ... :D

... especially Gonzo! :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back