Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Hi Folks,
Intend heading to the Dorset Steam fair this year, and just wondered if any of you great folks out there had any experiences, good, bad or indifferent to tell.
Regards

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Went last year and it was brilliant. Allow at least two days to see all the show.

The C&CC do a THS just up the road and provide discounted tickets and transport to and fro from the showground.

Just make sure you got good comfy and waterproof footwear, and keep away from the food stalls or else you wont be able to get back into your motorhomes door!

Last edited:

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Have been to the Dorset Steam Fair a couple of times and the experience is fantastic. Amazing machines, stalls and shows. Far too much to see in one day.:thumb:

However I have only been as a day visitor and not camped over. There are many hundreds of campers there over several camping fields and I understand that the stalls look their best after dark.

The only downside that I have heard (and is only hearsay) is that a lot of "travellers" involved so make sure everything is locked away and secured and not left lying around. A lot of gennys go walkabout. Police made a big check last couple of years and took away many stolen M/Hs and caravans.

I am sure there will be others who have stayed on site for the week will give better info but as far as the actual Steam Fair .....brilliant. If you like steam engines :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Hi Folks,
Intend heading to the Dorset Steam fair this year, and just wondered if any of you great folks out there had any experiences, good, bad or indifferent to tell.
Regards

When is it???:thumb:

OP
OP
weejohnw

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Dorset Steam Fair

Hi,
Thanks for the info, will look into the C&CC THS, this might suit my desire for a quiet lifestyle more than the crowded site at the Fair. To someone who asked when the Fair is, it is at the beginning of September and their web-site has some interesting info about the show.
I help run a Vintage Rally here near Armagh/ Richhill/Loughgall/Portadown area much smaller of course - we donate all our proceeds to Marie Curie Cancer Care and Chest, Heart and Stroke. Lots of folks recommened going to the Dorset Steam Fair so all being well we will head there this year.
Any other first hand info on camping at the Fair would be most welcome. Intend doing some siteseeing around the area and back into Wales towards the ferry home again- any suggestions for this would be welcome too.
Thank you for the preceeding info.
Regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back