Reducing/Scaling Photographs. (1 Viewer)

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
I've taken photo's of my rig and scaled them down to 1:43.
Trouble is, because (I presume) of the curvature of the lens, although the scaling is, as near as damn it, perfect in the centre of the photo, it goes out of scale at the edges.

What I need is a programme (preferably free download cos I'm tight!:roflmto:) which will allow me to reduce the photos and keep a consistent scale across the breadth and height of the photo or allow me to "manipulate" the edges into scale once reduced.

Any recomendations please?

Ta:thumb:

Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Paint

Z
Google Paint.net, it's small and free and does what you want, pretty self explanditry.
JK
(or if you want something even more simple I have a free original PSP which runs on all versions of windows, inc. 7. which I can e-mail you (about 80k)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
will allow me to reduce the photos and keep a consistent scale across the breadth and height of the photo or allow me to "manipulate" the edges into scale once reduced.

If your camera has pre-distorted the picture as you imply I think you're stuffed.

You don't want linear reduction you want non-linear reduction. I've never seen that but now I've said this just wait 10 seconds and someone will come up with "Oh yes XXXX does that automatically".

irfanview is a brilliant simple tool for general photo work, it's great at re-sizing to upload here.

Jim's favourite - picasa is too - I'll let him sing it's praises.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back