Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
Link RemovedLink Removed
Link RemovedLink Removed Posted: 29 September 2009 11:17 AM
Subject: Generators New User

What a pity some club areas chose to ignore the part of show info that said No music or generators after 10pm.
The so called Motorhomefun .co.uk club area were still running a generator and playing music at 11.15.

Link RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed
Location: Somewhere between The Nordkapp and The SaharaThat particular group, along with Club Brownhills, are known to us for their total lack of consideration for others at shows and are well worth making sure that you park a long way from them.
We, and others, also found that politely pointing out the error of their ways both to them and to the show organisers has never achieved anything other than a shrug of apathetic shoulders.

Link RemovedLink Removed
Link RemovedLink Removed Posted: 6 October 2009 10:51 PM
Subject: RE: Generators

Regular Visitor

Link RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed
Location: SuffolkThere was someone pitched just behind us with a generator, although they did stick (but not rigidly) to the rules, I still found the noise it made quite irritating. Perhaps I'm just getting less tolerant with age Link Removed

Link RemovedLink Removed
Link RemovedLink Removed Posted: 10 October 2009 7:10 PM
Subject: RE: Generators

Expert

Link RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed
Location: 07 Rimor Sailer 645TC Transit twin-RWD, CottinghamWe had the same problem with the Motorhome Fun lot, at 2 shows now, Peterborough and Lincoln. Unfortuantely we didn't have any choice in how far away we were as the areas for both clubs (we were on the UK Campsites one) were near to each other. I don't object to a bit of fun and gatherings at night but they really need to know when to call a curfew to proceedings.

Tempted to try the old 'sliced bread' trick on the offenders' vans next time. Link Removed

Link RemovedLink Removed
Link RemovedLink Removed Posted: 10 October 2009 8:10 PM
Subject: RE: Generators Link Removed

Link RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed
Location: Somewhere between The Nordkapp and The SaharaA couple of sugar cubes in their generator's fuel tanks ought to do it!

Link Removed

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well it was very good of him to post a picture !
I have printed it off and should I happen to bump in to the nice chap I shall be sure NOT to put bread on the roof.. silly and childish

I will however sprinkle sun flower seeds down the front scuttle :shout:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Has he got a "Front Scuttle" ? I can't see it in the photo :ROFLMAO:
Must admit that it is a dangerous game encouraging evil acts against your fellow motorhomers :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
good job he wasnt at malvern then......

1.15am the gestapo MADE us turn the genny off.

now we know what he looks like......well..who knows what might happen..!!!!!!:ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Well it was very good of him to post a picture !
I have printed it off and should I happen to bump in to the nice chap I shall be sure NOT to put bread on the roof.. silly and childish

I will however sprinkle sun flower seeds down the front scuttle :shout:

this picture ? this numpty was the bread slinger.

Link Removed

the guy in the photo was refering to a couple of sugar cubes in the genny tank.
Link Removed

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Has he got a "Front Scuttle" ? I can't see it in the photo :ROFLMAO:
Must admit that it is a dangerous game encouraging evil acts against your fellow motorhomers :RollEyes:

I do try and make sure they are harmless in the long run ::bigsmile:
All my 'lot' ( big family all tuggers and motorhomers ) are a downright nightmare ! Some really wicked pranks played on each other !

P J.. Bugger !

Still if he all I can find I am not proud ! :ROFLMAO:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
I can understand why others would be upset by generators running to the wee small hours - particularly if there are rules to prevent it.
I favour the approach that after hours we should be using gas lanterns, and battery lighting - no noise from them.
I don't see any point in tarnishing our reputation though inconsiderate behaviour.
I was at Malvern, so I must include myself in this.:Blush:
So I am now suitably chastised.:cry:

John

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I would actually agree whole heartedly with switching off a genny at about 10.. they are bloody annoying if they are not your own ( weird that ! )

But an organiser with large groups of like minded folk should expect a little noise as in music ( not loud but still playing ) and chat/banter to go on until at least midnight.

Perhaps other groups are not as sociable as Funsters and are jealous ::bigsmile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
this was my reply I thought it was straight to the point:

Tracker - 2009-10-10 8:10 PM

A couple of sugar cubes in their generator's fuel tanks ought to do it!

perhaps if the noise of people enjoying themselves with friends annoys you then you should stay away from showgrounds at night (or of course you could try getting some friends) but you will not get many with posts like the ones above Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I'm in with the guilty crew as I was at Stratford last year.

I cannot understand why anyone would need to run a gennie after 10pm? Our old van only had 1 85aph battery and we could manage 2 days with ease.
I don't like the tone of the critisisms but if the rules state no gennies and no music after a certain time should we not adhere to this? After all they are clearly stated when you book.

I just think a bit of consideration and respect for others would not go amiss before Fun ends up being banned at shows.

Sorry just my opinion. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back