New shape Ducato Steering wheel lock (1 Viewer)

kinsleyboy

Free Member
Dec 11, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560
Exp
Oct 09
Can anyone recommend a good steering wheel lock for the new shape Ducato, one which can easily be removed but gives the appearance of a good deterrent?.

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Sorry to say that my info is that any self respecting pro. laughs at steering locks etc. ( I put one on for show) but opinion seems to be that most modern vehicles Ducato included provide pretty good security.
So if a pro wants it he's going to have it, the clowns just unfortunately make a mess.
:Angry::Angry:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
So if a pro wants it he's going to have it, the clowns just unfortunately make a mess.
:Angry::Angry:

we must be in the latter then.....
took two mechanics two workshop hours to remove one (fully enclosed steering wheel cover, spinning type )
bear in mind this was a customers car.
cover all interior then electric drill, angle grinder and chisel.

i suppose the scroats wont care about damage though.

any thatchham 'sold secure' product has to withstand sustained attack for XX minutes (depending on grade...silver, gold etc) before it gets approval....and they use professionals.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
I believe it is practically impossible to drive away a modern vehicle without the keys. I have heard of people being burgled, or even mugged, to get their keys.
But if, one way or another,maybe you just lose them or have your pockets picked, the thief gets your keys its very easy to walk down the street pressing the button till he sees the vehicle hazard lights flash telling him which vehicle the keys belong to.

If you have a separate steering lock with the key hidden in your van - not on your key ring, even a crappy steering lock will be at least something to slow the thief down.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
any thatchham 'sold secure' product has to withstand sustained attack for XX minutes (depending on grade...silver, gold etc) before it gets approval....and they use professionals.

The bike magazines have made real fools out of many Thatcham junk. Usually things like padlocks, chains, disk locks. But removed very quickly.

The best one is here: I did this with daughter's expensive bike lock, you should have seen her face.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LahDQ2ZQ3e0[/ame]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back