Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Can owners of the new shape Ducato please tell me where the Fix & Go kit is stored. :RollEyes:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font VendĂ´me
Exp
Since 2004
It's a replacement for a spare wheel in case you get a puncture. Ours was in one of the underseat cupboards. Now replaced with a spare wheel. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Can only think that it is a puncture repair kit. The later Fiats were not supplied with a spare wheel if I recall correctly.

SpongeBobsDad

Free Member
Sep 23, 2008
north east uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
25 + yrs
Can owners of the new shape Ducato please tell me where the Fix & Go kit is stored. :RollEyes:

Try under the front seats it`s in a zip up soft case containing a can of puncture repair aerosol liquid and a 12v plug in compressor. Both in my opinion about as useful as a chocolate fireguard . My experience of punctures over the years of motor homing is that no amount of magic fairy foam injected into a flat tyre would have been any good ,can`t beat having a spare wheel on board to get you out of trouble.:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It's a replacement for a spare wheel in case you get a puncture.

Correction - it's a replacement for them properly equipping the vehicle and saving a few bob with a feeble excuse "people don't want to change spare wheels".

They might be OK for some punctures, but a bad one and you are STUCK.

For example a blow out or you hit a kerb and bend the wheel. You could be stuck for days.

wayfarer

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Co. Clare. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Ronny is correct, it should be stored under the drivers seat. The cover opens at the front. This was where I used to store my books in the old camper but the repair kit takes up that space now. Brian is also correct, its a cost saving exercise on the part of the manufacturers. I carry a spare tyre with me as the camper ones are rarely kept in stock and you could have to wait several days for a replacement. It also cuts down on weight.

Last edited:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font VendĂ´me
Exp
Since 2004
Correction - it's a replacement for them properly equipping the vehicle and saving a few bob with a feeble excuse "people don't want to change spare wheels".

They might be OK for some punctures, but a bad one and you are STUCK.

For example a blow out or you hit a kerb and bend the wheel. You could be stuck for days.

Agreed, lots of manufacturers going that way though. We managed to squeeze a new spare wheel out of our dealer when we bought the van. Takes a big lump out of your payload though. :RollEyes:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font VendĂ´me
Exp
Since 2004
Hadn't thought of that. Yes, you certainly know when you have hold of a wheel that size.

Got to be worth it.

Yep fully loaded for the off (without water) we have 40kg left that leaves us with a little leeway for the gennie if needs be. Without the spare wheel we could load up with our 140ltrs of water and still have room to spare but we feel the wheel gives us peace of mind. :thumb:

OP
OP
dellwood33

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Well, after a thorough search of all of the cubby holes & pockets, I can only assume that my little compressor & can of foam have gone AWAL :Smile:
Not to bother, probably of no use once you have come to a halt after a puncture to find the tyre unusable :RollEyes:

kinsleyboy

Free Member
Dec 11, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560
Exp
Oct 09
Mine is not fixed anywhere and I can't see a mounting for it so I've stored it under the bed.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi mine is in a cubby hole in the garage with the wheel chocks on my dethleffs
but just picked up a 16" wheel and tyre from work (scrap yard) just to be safe.

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Thank you Swift,
I have a real one under the rear, okay maybe not the easiest to reach but come the day I reckon I could get it out. It is a real pain to check for pressure now and again but i think I prefer a proper spare to any alternative.
Smooth tarmac and no nails ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
dellwood33

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Looks like I will have to rely on Ultraseal, my plugging kit and a compressor and of course the RAC ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back