Locker Storage solution (1 Viewer)

Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
My lockers are about 2 ft high and 2 ft deep, anybody know the best way to get the maxium storage in them l have been thinking of a shelf, but wondered if there,s a better option Paul

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Paul,

Leave more suff at home, :roflmto: most of the gear I drag around never gets used.

Jim

:winky:

OP
OP
paulharrison
Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
Planning on takin most of my goodies from home and escaping in my Winne for a few months so gotta fill every locker and try and remember where l put it Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Paul.
There are systems designed for rv lockers advertised on american web sites, but in one of our lockers I use good quality stacking plastic storage boxes. the type that have lids and stack on top of each other. They're easy to lift out, keep things tidy and together and come in different sizes so you can make them a snug fit in the locker.

Mike.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Paul.
There are systems designed for rv lockers advertised on american web sites, but in one of our lockers I use good quality stacking plastic storage boxes. the type that have lids and stack on top of each other. They're easy to lift out, keep things tidy and together and come in different sizes so you can make them a snug fit in the locker.

Mike.

Hi Mike

Iv'e used these boxes in the past and they do keep everything neat and tidy. The problem that I found with them was that they use up even more space so I dont think there a good space saving solution.

It doesnt matter how much you compartmentalise (Is that a real word) your lockers they are still only as big as they were before.

I think if I was Paul I would be looking to put extra storage lockers on the roof.

Jim

:Smile:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
My lockers are about 2 ft high and 2 ft deep, anybody know the best way to get the maxium storage in them l have been thinking of a shelf, but wondered if there,s a better option Paul

Paul try these grey top..top left of page 23 I think but there are some smaller further back about page 28..top of the page..they go under your bed they have wheels but you can take them off.

http://www.gifi.fr/prospectus1.php

Mel :thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
paulharrison
Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
Hi Jim
l have plenty of lockers, which are big lockers one being 2ft 6 x 3ft by 10ft long l think its where they put the gas tank on petrol RVs, and 3 more large lockers but l can only half fill them, as it is a basement Rv the one locker goes cross the width of the motorhome, so anythink at the back gets forgot what l am trying to find is the best way to store things and make the most of storing items, space in not a issue.

Paul

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Mike

Iv'e used these boxes in the past and they do keep everything neat and tidy. The problem that I found with them was that they use up even more space so I dont think there a good space saving solution.

It doesnt matter how much you compartmentalise (Is that a real word) your lockers they are still only as big as they were before.

I think if I was Paul I would be looking to put extra storage lockers on the roof.

Jim

I've found they work well for me, although they cannot make the locker any bigger, they do stack on top of each other and increase floor space. They are good way to keep like items together and when labeled make some tasks so much easier. I used this method in the lockers on our boat trailers for many years to keep items neat and tidy and found if you use quality boxes a (of course you do have to pay extra) they even stand up to heavy industrial usage.

Mike.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi Paul
Ralph has used upvc cladding to make shelfs in all our previous caravan over head lockers and now the MH.
It comes in plank like lengths and widths ,wood coloured or white and has a finished edge. Its light weight too.
He justs cuts it to length and slots it in. Theres always been a ledge to put it on, as you can actually buy shelves as extras , for caravans, don't know about MH though.
Hes a builder so he always has bits n pieces handy.
You can buy it in Wicks though.
Bev:Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

Jim

instant solution Jim, but at the cost of greater wind resistance and decreased MPG.....

A roof box can increase fuel consumption by as much as 20 % at 70 mph. (times-online artical)

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
In the big locker on our 5er we use the plastic boxes with wheels that are designed to go under a bed.
they are very light and with the wheels on are easy to move around, we have 2 high, 2 across and 2 deep, it is easy to access everything in the locker. They are cheap, so if I destroy one (have not yet) it's not painfull to replace!!
Nigel & Pamala

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
The UPVC cladding sounds good but do,s it bend in the middle and can it take much wait Paul:thumb:

I suppose it would depend on what you were to put on it !
Its worked well in our previous caravans and im sure it will in the MH.
Weve had folded clothes , kids games , toiletrybags hairdryers etc on the upvc shelfs before. Not all at once i may add:roflmto:
Bev

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi.
if you are wanting to take loads of soft stuff (clothes etc.) try those vacuum bags where you fill them with stuff then suck the excess air out with your vac.
those silly shopping channels sometimes have them on JML or something like that.

andy.

ArenqueRojo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2008
Anywhere in Europe, so fa
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
13 years
Just a comment...
In our last van, I had plenty of time to fit it out while we got ourselves organised but then we changed and haven't taken the same time/care yet.
What I have learned is that it is well worthwhile to "fit" everything that is hard so each has a set fixed place. Used dozens of Terry Clips and straps. At the moment, we are using plastic boxes which are OK but you can't beat proper fitting...
Like the Army says, "A place for everything and everything in its place."
No doubt that it takes a lot of time but, IMHO, well worth it.
Patrick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back