Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
fresh snow fell over night in coventry and still falling now , has anywhere else got it as forcasts not showing a lot at the moment , a couple do not even mention snow !
got to take the van out for a job today as can not get gear in 4x4 , should be "fun", rear wheel drive , 2.5 tonne gross , be glad to get job done , van back in and 4x4 back out
school closed ( amasing as didnt close at all in the last few weeks ) so spencer off to his friends with sledge , hopefully get out later with him and sledge

:Doh:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We had another 4 or 5 inches last night still snowing this morning at least a foot deep now we've had snow since before Xmas sick of it now.:cry:

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We had snow again overnight - I blame Mrs Colpot for clearing a path to the gate yesterday - all her hard work undone!:Doh:
Train to work missed Redhill and London Bridge stations due to signal failure so had to go to Farringdon and Tube into work.:Angry: Engineers are saying they dont want to travel out to sticks to do work in case they get stuck. Cant really blame them I suppose :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Dumped loads on West Wales in the night. Its heading NE now. Enjoy::bigsmile:

lannytyre.jpg

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
I came in to work on the A34 this morning. Passable but terrible conditions...... MADE MUCH WORSE BY THUMPING GREAT LORRIES THUNDERING PAST US AT ABSURD SPEEDS KICKING UP WAVES OF SLUSH THAT MAKES ZERO VISABILITY.

BLOODY IDIOTS.

rant over for now :Smile:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
:RollEyes: No snow here for a few days now & I am hoping it stays away. Off to the storage yard now to try & dig the MH out and get it to home. Should be fun as the whole yard was iced over last time I was there & they have been unable to get rock salt to clear it !

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We had another 3" - 4" of inches of snow come down overnight here in West London.
It is still falling and it is also very misty this morning.

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
snow more thanks

fell in winchester last night, only about 2 inches and seems to be breaking up, busses running through my village about 5 miles south, most major roads clear, if we all stand out side and give a huge blow at the same time reckon it will go ?? where to ?? sorry folks. anywhere but here ,,, had enough, getting grummpy :Angry::Angry::Angry:
and if that wasnt bad enough, went out had a slight accident,, ran one of the 7 dwarfs over, not sure which one,, but by his voice it was not HAPPY , help needed:thumb::thumb:

truebluedownunder

Free Member
Jan 3, 2010
south west west australia
Funster No
MH
jayco heretage
Exp
caravaning 55years
truebluedownunder

No snow here. Glorious day, 32| 33 deg ,thats cel" Going to warm up to 40deg' on sunday. Have never seen snow , It sure looks like alot of fun times !!!!!!??
We were talking to my son and family through Skipe the other night and he raced out
side and came back in with this bloody great lump of ice. Made us feel cold looking at it Never mind summer is coming ,sorry spring comes first and everthing will be rosy again:winky::thumb: Cheers Don

Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years
No Snow at all down yer:ROFLMAO: nor any expected. Continuous rain ALL day yesterday but now clear sunny sky in Redruth:thumb:

brian

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Woke up to about 4" of snow this morning. This has fallen on top of the snow that was here last week. Its snowing heavier now and its forecast to be very heavy this afternoon.:whatthe:

Birkenhead

Jim

:RollEyes:

barbt

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
KENT
Funster No
Exp
two
Plenty of snow falling in Staplehurst ( Kent ). Trains delayed again - no change there then. Luckily we have a landrover so have been able to get around a bit.

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Another 2-3 inches in Surrey and still snowing. Side roads are once again a nightmare. Lots of schools shut.
Please can we have a thaw. We are desperate to get away in the van for a break.

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Snow here again. Started yesterday evening and hs only just stopped. The snow from last week still hadn't melted. Schools closed again!!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Yesterday it was starting to thaw , finally , on our street. ::bigsmile:

Our kids cleared all the drive and the footpath all along the front of our house.
This morning, where the snow was cleared , is now black ice.
As all 3 found when setting off to school at 7.45 this morning. Two of them went flat on their backs :Doh:
Bev

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Been snowing off and on all day here in N. Wales.

Venita

Free Member
Jul 6, 2009
Co. Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Hi, more snow again in Weardale. The truck is in a state of severe depression because it hasnt been out since 15th December when we first got the snow - still here and more coming. Lovely place to live for the rest of the year but winter. I have always thought that the snow forgets to go anywhere else but here, at least others are having their share this time!

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
It is snowing as I type, not heavy but laying so will no doubt be slippery

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Down here in the New Forest we had some snowy, sleetie stuff last night, about an inch of it.

We are the only unit booked in apart from 3 or 4 seasonal units including a 70 YEAR OLD GUY IN A SMALL BACKPACKING TENT, who has been here since November!! When the wardens haven't seen him for a few days they go to his tent and shout out to see if he is still alive!

The temperature is up to a balmy 3c today and a slight thaw setting in. Every time I pass some ponies they look up expectantly with that look your dog gives you when you're carving the sunday joint. Heart breaking innit? They appear to be surviving on bramble leaves and nibbling on spiky old gorse.

GregM

Free Member
Nov 2, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
Exp
June 09
Had a bit of snow on and off today but the ice is a bigger issue for us, many schools closed due to black ice, our sons school bus didn't turn up, I couldn't get to car without falling over so gave up on idea of taking them in car.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
After a brief respite for a couple of hours, it is now snowing quite heavily again in West London.

OP
OP
robinmclaren

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
it has been snowing light all day, managed to get van within 30ft of house we were working on and fitted a new security system inc bell box in the snow , good job drills now battery powered not mains !!!
van now back home and wrapped up , lets see what tomorrow brings

back roads are so icy that a sledge at top of our road makes it all the way to bottom of road which we did several times tonight when back from work , cannot belive cars are trying to get up the hill out of control

superb sledge the gt racer with steering and brakes pity cannot get my tools on it !!!:Cool:

Attachments

• !BbmYE)!BGk~$(KGrHqQH-CwEqueGMf24BKw)e5o8Tw~~_35.jpg
    !BbmYE)!BGk~$(KGrHqQH-CwEqueGMf24BKw)e5o8Tw~~_35.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 5

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
4 inches fell overnight on top of the 12 inches 30 cm from a few days ago.

According to BBC, there is now 5 foot of snow on the Berwyn Mountains behind the house and the Horseshoe pass is closed.
I dug out the paths yesterday around the house but the bitterly cold easterly wind has blown the snow into 2/3 foot drifts.

We cleared the paths this morning and we tried to clear the mountain track this afternoon but it has snowed all day today and we are back to square 1. At least it is warmer- 0C now
Road down the mountain is too dangerous even for our 4x4.
Lucille

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back