Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I am currently in Benicassim in Spain, just above Valencia on the map. There is a fiesta here starting on the 15th.Jan and ending on the 24th. Apparently it is not to be missed !!
So !!!...where should I go next ??? I don't want to travel any further south. I am on a site at the moment but am not averse to wildcamping !!! Please help an old codger out !!!
Many thanks....Stephen...:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Hi.

Have you been to Peniscola? Its a little North of you. The old town is super, on a little peninsula, and there is a long sea front where you can ride bikes. We stayed at Eden camping site, just near the sea - its OK but has some low trees which makes access to some pitches dificult, if you go there choose your pitch carefully. We have been told that there is an aire at the N end, but have not been to it.

If you did decide to go further S, we like Javea (or Xabia) - camping Javea is OK and you can walk to either the port or the old town from the site. Quite a lot on english there (as everywhere on that coast).

Jeff O

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Just noticed you quote your address as Oxon Park, Shrewsbury - I thought that was a caravan park, are you fulltiming?

We live about 5 miles south of Shrewsbury, where I am now looking out over the snow, feeling envious of you in Spain (we were there until the end of November)

Jeff O

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
There are 2 aires between Pensiscola & Benicarlo, just follow the sea front road & where it leaves the sea for a short while you will find both.

One sat nav co-ord. N.40.23.406 E0.24.604

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Just noticed you quote your address as Oxon Park, Shrewsbury - I thought that was a caravan park, are you fulltiming?

We live about 5 miles south of Shrewsbury, where I am now looking out over the snow, feeling envious of you in Spain (we were there until the end of November)

Jeff O

Yes I have been a fulltimer for some time now !!! Oxon is a caravan park, handy for the park & ride and shops etc...I will now update my avatar !!!......Stephen...:thumb:

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Try harder !!!!

Come on you lot...you can do better than so far.....Peniscola is the favourite so far, but after that ??????:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Come on you lot...you can do better than so far.....Peniscola is the favourite so far, but after that ??????:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

If you fancy going inland but south from you.
Navajas up the A234 then N234 from Valencia
Camping Altomira
€11 nite low/7 +
Open All Year
39.87461 N
0.51092 W
In the mountains with great views.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Apparently it is not to be missed !!

so why do you want to move on ?

enjoy the fun, join in the fiesta...:thumb:

or did you mis-spell it and you meant SIESTA...:roflmto:

Last edited:

mickandalva

Free Member
Nov 12, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Arca
Exp
On way home

We left Benicasim and stayed at Playa D'Aro sea front, we stayed here going down for seven nights.
Water on main road opposte police station but cant get van close, park in supermarket car park and empty toilet in bus station toilets if necessary. (motorhomecamping.co.uk)
Not an aire but you can park near the beach near the marina follow Camping Vall D'Orr and go straight on. The police did not bother us.

Visited October/November 2009

GPS:N41.80324, E003.06415
Parking: Free Electricity:None Water:The tap is at the end of the road opposite the police station(over the crossing)

Link RemovedPlaya D'Aro: Where we parked

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back