Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
We're looking at coming over for a few days without our mh - just travelling by grand taxi, coach or train. My boys want to have a trip out of Europe but we don't have more time to get down to Fez or into the Atlas mountains / desert. I would like to find somewhere without the drug culture and is within a couple of hours of Tangiers.
Go for it. If its your first trip and only for a few days use the trains. WWW.ONCF.MA not sure which way your entering but just doing a loop say from Tanger/Fez/Meknes your boys will certainly get a taste of a different culture. But also note these are bustling towns and the further south you go the better in my opinion.
Great country
Inshallah

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
A couple of days of fine mountain mist and storm clouds yesterday but no rain. Back to normal today :)
IMG_20170319_120531.jpg
IMG_20170320_091446.jpg

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
There's also tons of info and pictures on the earlier threads, Morocco 2013, Morocco 2014, Morocco 2015, not forgetting Morocco 2016! If you've got a couple of weeks to spare!

Hi we are planning a trip to Morocco this year in mid September for a month. We have been to Morocco in 2011 with our motorhome and enjoyed the trip immensely. I would love to read all of the threads from the last 5 years and yes it would take a few weeks. My question is to the fellow funsters out there who have made the trip.
Are there some places to visit that stood out as special not be be missed. Also some gems that are out of the way and not on the normal tourist trail.
We have downloaded Terry's 2017 Morocco information, Thanks Terry some great and useful info.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
H
A couple of days of fine mountain mist and storm clouds yesterday but no rain. Back to normal today :)
View attachment 153246 View attachment 153247
Hi Dave, I see you have arrived and almost in the same spot as last year. How is it going this time around, we have heard reports of a few wet days this year. Mena sends her love to you both. At present we are wild camping in Northern Spain and recently had a fab week of free parking at Castellon and now doing similar at Vinaros, right next to beach on large car park with several other motohomes. Found a bar that does 1 euro large beers in ice covered jugs during happy hour (4-7). Guess where we will be this afternoon. Free WiFi too.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Hi Phil, was only asking the other day if anyone had heard from the old bugger :)
Been at Tafraoute 12 days and seen no rain only those mist/cloud days but back to full :sun: now.
Been hit by the Moroccan fridge curse tho, pilot light OK and not sooting up but not chilling. Remember the Moroccan fella who was camped outside your van when we had "Phil's circle of love" he says hello. Still going to carry on without fridge but might leave a little earlier and try and get it sorted in Portugal. Booked in camping turismo 3/6/17 for a few days a as meeting friends if your about that way.
Maggie says hello to you and Mena and yes she has still got her ice grips with her
Inshallah

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Hi Phil, was only asking the other day if anyone had heard from the old bugger :)
Been at Tafraoute 12 days and seen no rain only those mist/cloud days but back to full :sun: now.
Been hit by the Moroccan fridge curse tho, pilot light OK and not sooting up but not chilling. Remember the Moroccan fella who was camped outside your van when we had "Phil's circle of love" he says hello. Still going to carry on without fridge but might leave a little earlier and try and get it sorted in Portugal. Booked in camping turismo 3/6/17 for a few days a as meeting friends if your about that way.
Maggie says hello to you and Mena and yes she has still got her ice grips with her
Inshallah

If you are heading for Portugal, get your fridge checked out at Camperserv in Loule just off the N125.
Phone 00 351 289 093 373. http://www.camperserv.com
Book ahead because Tommy is always busy. He is a Brit (ex Navy) and also has a Portugese sidekick who speaks good English.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Thanks Mike that's the place I had in mind. Still a few (warm) beers to be had here before we head out.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Try turning the fridge down a bit, i'm sure i have read on here somewhere that it can make a difference. @Busman

Sep 2, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
DOG BITES !!! Some of you will have heard that on the 19/02/2017 I was attacked and badly bitten by 2 German Shepherd guard dogs that were loose and not chained up at the camp site in Kenitra. This is an update. We were there for 1 night thinking that we may just make the ferry the next day. We offered to pay when we booked in as we would like to leave at 8.00am the next morning. No just pay the guardian when you are ready. The attack happened on my way to the office to pay in broad daylight
The positives
Within half an hour I was at private clinic (within this period my knee had swollen to 3 times its normal size) and was having xrays on my knee, nothing broken. I had a tetnus injection and the first 2 of a course rabies injections. The 3rd injection to be had 7 days later which meant we had to stay at the site for a further week and also change the ferry from Santander to Portsmouth to a later date.
On arrival at the clinic we said that we had medical insurance. We were told that the Patron was paying for everything and he did.
The Negative
We eventually arrived back home on Friday 10th March and on Saturday the 11th I went straight to our local hospital because my knee was still badly swollen.
After further xrays ultrascan and an MRI scan I was told that my quadriceps tendon was completely severed. On Wednesday 15th I had an operation to reconnect it, which involved having my kneecap drilled to enable the kneecap and tendon to be reunited. I know have 3 months of rehabilitation.
My only judgemental comment is that I was disappointed to see both the dogs were still there when we left a week later and still not chained up

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Inshallah
Warm beer? Bummer! Say hi to Mags For us Dave

Jan 24, 2015
Spalding
Funster No
MH
Carado T337
Exp
Since 2000
Now in our final week away before returning to UK next Friday. Enjoyed two great months in Morocco and would like to thank Suggy and Rosie for spending a month of it with us. Time spent with them is always great fun. Just a note for anyone like us detouring into Portigal on their way home. Fill up with diesel in Spain before crossing the border. Paid 1.28 euro yesterday but seen it as much as 1.35euro. Spain much cheaper. Better still, anyone crossing through Ceuta pay only 1 euro a litre.
See you back in UK Graham and Rosie.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
@cakey I hadn't heard of this glad and nice to know that you were well cared for after what must of been a terrible ordeal. hopefully all will be ok. Wish you well and a full recovery.
Dave & Maggie

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
@cakey , and to think that you had mentioned driving straight up to tangier med.
Look after yourself and hope our paths will cross again.

I guess we will all give the kenitra site a miss

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Warm beer? Bummer!
Fear not Simon as you know you have to adapt in Morocco and also after the sun goes down at Tafraoute the temperature really drops so we put a bucket of water under the van full of beer and set the alarm for 7 in the morning and get pissed on cold beer.
Inshallah hic
Hello to Marg and Maggie says hello

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Well finally left Tafraoute and headed to the coast on route decided to call in at camping Erghoute to see if the fridge would work on electric and catch up on washing and generally recoup after both picking up a bug. put fridge on 12v for travelling and 4 hrs later arrived with freezer cold, 24 hrs later on hook up fridge also cold so its just the gas side that's buggered. Booked into camperserve to get it looked at, thanks Mike @makems Looks like we'll be moving on mid week tho as you can see the temperature is going to plummet
Inshallah
:sun::sun::sun:
Screenshot_20170401-084215.png

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We got to Tan Med at 11am port closed due to migrants told to go to Ceuta .took 3 hours to do 300 mt at the boarder absolutely manic .
Had to drag a " Kling On " out from under the mh he was wrapped around the axle .

Note to myself. ....wrap razor wire around the axle ASAP .

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
We got to Tan Med at 11am port closed due to migrants told to go to Ceuta .took 3 hours to do 300 mt at the boarder absolutely manic .
Had to drag a " Kling On " out from under the mh he was wrapped around the axle .

Note to myself. ....wrap razor wire around the axle ASAP .

There is no "Oh Shite" button.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Chefchaouen definitely has more going for it than Assilah in my opinion. Assilah is an OK first introduction to Morocco but is hardly very photogenic. Chefchaouen is more touristy but it is bigger, there is much more to see and explore and you are more likely to find locals who speak English (and Spanish). Plenty of hotels and pensions available which Sssilah lacks. I would post some photos but I dont have access to my network driva at the moment.

We're having a great time here in Chefchaouen. The town is very friendly and the buildings are very pretty in their blues. No hassles from touts; a great introduction for the youngsters. We're looking forward to a longer visit to see more of Morocco :)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hi dave

We also love Essaouira, great place, convenient parking and fun shopping including an aswak assalam supermarket at the far end.

Aswak Assalam is a supermarket that stocks food, clothing, cosmetics, garden supplies and home furnishings. ... To get to the hypermarket, take avenue Al Aqaba to the North, it is located at the end of the road. ... Aswak Assalam Avenue Al Aqaba, District Sakala, 44000 - Essaouira.

I havent read every post so sorry if you ve already answered this - Do you have secumotion? twice we have put morrocan gas in ours and both times have had to replace the regulator. If you dont have you tried cleaning the flue out?

Jon

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Aw this takes me back essaouira and chefchouan, superb! Cheered me up to see those pics, thank you. :D

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Fez-Ketama-Chefchaouen
What a absolute fantastic and challenging drive, 8hrs to do 160 mile. Won't forget that one, yet again the Moroccan people couldn't be more friendly going thru the towns and villages :):)(y)

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Like it. @PhilandMena Are you Cadiz area we'll be round there Monday or Tuesday for a few days stopping at the acsi site at Puerto de Santa marie, meeting Maggie's brother off a cruise ship in Cadiz Thursday :)

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Anyway what you doing posting pictures on my own personnel blog page :):):):whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back