Laminate flooring also generator offer (1 Viewer)

VMax666

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Knutsford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2yrs
Looking at laminate flooring in B&Q, wondered if it was worth doing the Hymers floor to replace the carpets. Easier to clean etc. Any pros and cons?
Also spotted a 2.5Kva generator on offer at £129.95, no weight on box but it did say 96db!! Ear plugs a must then.

VMax666

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
laminate flooring looks very pretty but have you checked the weight of it !!!!!

a fair chunk out of your payload.

much better with a good quality vinyl

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
We took the original carpets out of our Buccaneer and bought a piece from the carpet shop used the old ones for pattern and stowed them away. This way you keep the originals and just chuck the others away when they get really filthy I am on my second set of throw aways and the only cost about £25.00.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
Hope that helps Cheers RobBTW I have had the MH 5 yrs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M&L

Free Member
Jan 26, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
I would not consider laminate flooring as it would be impossible to fit and make a decent job, it's bad enough in a room at home and that's apart from the weight.
If the existing carpet is not good then cut it out and use it as a template for another one.

Mike

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Two main probs with laminated flooring are,
1. Fit as per instructions ie leaving a gap around the edges (needed for natural expansion) and it moves opening up between the joints, and looks crap when dirt gets in between the open joint and you cant close them up again

2. Fit tight and due to expansion the joint "kiss" and buldge upwards, looks crap and poorly fitted

xperts will tell you click laminates are not suitable for Motor Vehicle instalation.
Far better to get professionally fitted Rhino floor (H/duty vynal) in a wood effect pattern,warmer/softer too:thumb:
Geo
Posted via Mobile Device

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Our Roller Team has factory fitted vinyl looking laminate. Its ideal when its wet as the floor can be wiped and doesnt collect the dirt like carpets but I am thinking about putting some carpet down for warmth.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
My new Hymer,currently in build,will have a laminate vunyl floor covering and removable carpets as standard.

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Our Hobby has a beautiful wood laminate effect vinyl floor cover fitted from new, and very nice it looks too. A warning though, we have loose fitted carpets on top, and grit get's beneath it, we had a small hole near the fridge where a piece of grit got trapped, and punctured the surface of the vinyl.

A local carpet fitter filled the hole with coloured vinyl repair paste, and it's invisible now, but it cost £40!! Expensive bit of grit:Eeek:

OP
OP
V

VMax666

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Knutsford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2yrs
Thanks for advice, had not occured to me that the laminate floors I had seen in vans was vinyl not the real thing. Currently has carpet over vinyl that looks dated and scruffy, so may sit in there one day with a cuppa and consider the options.
VMax

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for advice, had not occured to me that the laminate floors I had seen in vans was vinyl not the real thing. Currently has carpet over vinyl that looks dated and scruffy, so may sit in there one day with a cuppa and consider the options.
VMax

if you do replace the vinyl ensure you glue the edges down well, especially in the kitchen area.

the last thing you want is any liquid, spillages etc, getting underneath and starting to stink.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back