Having to log in every time.. (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
For the past several days, every time I visit the forum I have had to log in.

I have checked all the normal internet settings ( allow cookies etc ) but still I have to log in on each visit

I 'infest' several other forums and indeed run two that use VB, but this is the only forum I am having this issue with

Has something changed or have I got to dig deeper on my own machine to figure it out ?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
When we beefed up our security after the hacker attacks over Christmas, part of the fix was to change our cookie salt, which is a piece of code which is attached to your cookie so that we can remember and verify you. If you are having problems with logging in then you must clear your browser of the old cookie so you can collect a new one that will remember you. Follow the steps below, its simple procedure and I hope it helps.

How to clear cookies

1. Close all browser windows/tabs except for one with fun on.
  2. IMPORTANT- Logout of fun, using the logout button ( top right)
  3. Close the final browser window
  4. Delete cookies, (See how to clear cookies >here)
  5. Log back in and make sure you check the "Remember me?" box

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
The trouble with clearing cookies is that it clears all of them rather than just the 'fun' ones...... which means you will have to remember your logins etc everywhere else as well.

May be better to find your cookie store and just delete the 'fun' one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yes the the cookies to delete are prefixed "motorhomefun" or "BB"

I clear ALL mine out regularly, its not clever to keep them indefinitely. But then I do not rely on them for logins. I use Link Removed which is probably the best bit of software I ever bought, it handles every login I have and it doesn't care what browser I'm using.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Cheers Jim,
I use 4 different browsers ( have to check htm coding works ok in the 4 most commonly used progs ) so will zap the whole lot just in case they 'cross talk cookies'.. Unlikely but might as well make sure !
Appreciate the answer Jim... ta :Smile:

LazyRover

Free Member
Nov 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
Researching
Whilst I can login using Firefox(3.5.7) under XP, I cannot login when using Firefox(3.5.7) or Safari(4.0.4) under OSX (10.6).

I've cleared all cookies, rebooted endless times, disabled/edbled all extensions etc etc etc

I've finally had enough switching machines:Smile: any (relevant) suggestions?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Whilst I can login using Firefox(3.5.7) under XP, I cannot login when using Firefox(3.5.7) or Safari(4.0.4) under OSX (10.6).

I've cleared all cookies, rebooted endless times, disabled/edbled all extensions etc etc etc

I've finally had enough switching machines:Smile: any (relevant) suggestions?

Hi

I had similar problems on OSX with Firefox and have now switched to Camino .. IMO far better suited to OSX than Firefox It was developed specifically for OSX

http://caminobrowser.org/

If you haven't tried, give it a whirl and see how you get on..

On Vista I've found Chrome works best

hth

jim

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
If you log out using the button at the top, I think the cookie will be cleared. Try logging in and then just close the browser window/tab when you have finished rather than logging out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back