Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Just ordered new Caratow A frame for toad today. Is our hobby/way of life too expensive ?

YES!!!!!! Most definately, YES! Not as bad as boats (I believe) but nowhere near as cheap as a lot of my friends/general public seem to think!:Doh:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Most definitely, always need to buy something. Savings dwindling away:cry::cry:
Gadget after gadget. R U A gadget freek too.

Lesley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
YES!!!!!! Most definately, YES! Not as bad as boats (I believe) but nowhere near as cheap as a lot of my friends/general public seem to think!:Doh:

You are right about the boats, almost 5 years ago we sold a Princess 33 twin screw motor cruiser . It cost the earth to maintain and run, moorings, insurance , broads fees etc. The RV is much cheaper.

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Most definitely, always need to buy something. Savings dwindling away:cry::cry:
Gadget after gadget. R U A gadget freek too.

Lesley

Yes got loads, trouble is some get used a couple of times then end up in the glory hole.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Just ordered new Caratow A frame for toad today. Is our hobby/way of life too expensive ?
Only if you don't 'cut your garment according to the cloth'.......and many people don't as the credit crunch proved.

A lot of people out there living on borrowed time as well as money. :RollEyes:

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Only if you don't 'cut your garment according to the cloth'.......and many people don't as the credit crunch proved.

A lot of people out there living on borrowed time as well as money. :RollEyes:

Borrowing can be bad news. I only spend what I can afford.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Definition of a boat:
A HOLE IN THE SEA THAT YOU POUR MONEY INTO

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
hiya,you will find its the best thing you have ever bought,is that the fitted price onto the car ?,i have had two cars done at towtal at stoke,the first one a non braked one for a little fiat ,cant spell the model,that was 400 the second one on my car now a merc vaneo just under 800 they have been a god send my wife [dragon] puts the a frame on car it takes about 5 mins and we are off,it follows like you dont know its there,and when you get where ever you are going wether its 20 miles or 200 miles you have transport.its a must for me as i have my electric wheelchair in the back of the car.its money well spent.muz

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
hiya,you will find its the best thing you have ever bought,is that the fitted price onto the car ?,i have had two cars done at towtal at stoke,the first one a non braked one for a little fiat ,cant spell the model,that was 400 the second one on my car now a merc vaneo just under 800 they have been a god send my wife [dragon] puts the a frame on car it takes about 5 mins and we are off,it follows like you dont know its there,and when you get where ever you are going wether its 20 miles or 200 miles you have transport.its a must for me as i have my electric wheelchair in the back of the car.its money well spent.muz

Hi Muz yes thats the fitted price. I have already got a trailer ready for use on the continent, it tows well but its a big lump to pull around on site once the toad is off

Larry

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
hi, has your toad got a towbar ?if it has ive seen loads towing the trailer to park it,anyway you will see how easy and better it is with the a frame,and you wont know the toads on the back,you will be looking in your camara to see if its still there,i had the towtal one has one long bar through two eyes on the toad and thought it would be easyer for us.all the best muz.

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
hi, has your toad got a towbar ?if it has ive seen loads towing the trailer to park it,anyway you will see how easy and better it is with the a frame,and you wont know the toads on the back,you will be looking in your camara to see if its still there,i had the towtal one has one long bar through two eyes on the toad and thought it would be easyer for us.all the best muz.

No towbar on toad , may have to consider when using trailer. A Frame sounds similar fixing, A frame also does away with trailer nose weight

Regards Larry

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?

Not if it's necessary to realise your dream it's not.:Cool:It's always a question of living within your means without owing anyone anything.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Not if it's necessary to realise your dream it's not.:Cool:It's always a question of living within your means without owing anyone anything.

Got to do it while your'e alive, cos your'e a long time dead and there aren't any shops in heaven :Cool:

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
both companies quoted on our new toad a toyota rav4 for a frame and towtal were far cheaper and having used them before know theirs is good so when ready later in month will get it booked in
i cannot see the point in a trailer as just increases nose weight , increases towed weight and need to store it when arrive , a frame far better option but do agree need camera to check is still there

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back