• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Cadac (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Got a cadac lying in the shed , you have probably read about it in another thread;).
Can't recommend them but if anyone is desperate for one £130 will buy it complete with an half full French bottle of gas.
This photo is the only time it has been use

Attachments

• IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 215

friar tuck

Free Member
Nov 15, 2011
redruth cornwall
Funster No
MH
a class rv
Exp
im a newbie
mmmmm curious as to why you cant recommend them,i love mine a part from the cleaning ,but them i am a bit anal about that sort of thing.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Long shot, but is this still for sale?.

Mickey.
We do still have it but decided to keep it as a barbecue for the garden , definitely not to take out in the van, and as it happens you are the first person to show an interest in it, if I were you I would definitely look at alternatives , we now use disposable BBQs .
But if you are absolutely sure you want one there are cheaper ones on eBay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
@chaser , thanks, the reason I am looking at the cadac is we have a outside gas point so wouldn't need to lug bottles for it. As there is only 2 of us, maybe the smaller safari would be better.

Mickey.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
@chaser , thanks, the reason I am looking at the cadac is we have a outside gas point so wouldn't need to lug bottles for it. As there is only 2 of us, maybe the smaller safari would be better.

Mickey.
That's right , there's only the two of us, and by the time you have it all unwrapped and put together , it would have been twice as quick going to the chippy, and then when you have done , instead of just chucking your paper away you have got to start washing things that don't take to being washed, grooves and holes and fat , then collecting it all up back into its bag, nightmare:(

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Scuse me
That sounds like saying Ferrari's are crap cars because you cant drive:rofl::rofl::rofl:
When you know how, its a 2 min job to clean and put away as anyone with the Cadac Paella dish will tell you:doh:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Scuse me
That sounds like saying Ferrari's are crap cars because you cant drive:rofl::rofl::rofl:
When you know how, its a 2 min job to clean and put away as anyone with the Cadac Paella dish will tell you:doh:
Sorry just don't believe you.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Scuse me
Read your Post again , see you are on about the paella dish, that's as maybe , but not the BBQ stuff and fat, and 2 mins to take apart and put in all its appropriate bags, just got to be joking.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Its no great secret get the most very basic Cadac you can along with the Cadac Paela dish and throw all the other crap along with the bags and grills in the bin
that Dish can do the lot, and no cleaning cos it contains all the splashes with its 2 " sides quick wipe like the best woks and 1 x bag
Sorted no mess.
Like i said dont take my word for it ask around, start a new post on the forum if you like, try it at home you will be surprised gauranteed
Geo

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Its no great secret get the most very basic Cadac you can along with the Cadac Paela dish and throw all the other crap along with the bags and grills in the bin
that Dish can do the lot, and no cleaning cos it contains all the splashes with its 2 " sides quick wipe like the best woks and 1 x bag
Sorted no mess.
Like i said dont take my word for it ask around, start a new post on the forum if you like, try it at home you will be surprised gauranteed
Geo
No. I agree with that but tend to not want to live on paella , if you look at the photo on the op, you will see it's that new we havnt took all the wrapping off the legs, that was the first time , took us the best part of the night to clean it, but it was steak and onions, tried it again once more in France but after the same performance, gave up on it.
Believe me having spent £160 of my hard earned on it , I wanted it to work, and before having a go was under the mistaken impression I had bought the dogs bollocks, but I think you know me enough by now that I wouldn't just give up on £160 that easily.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
but I think you know me enough by now that I wouldn't just give up on £160 that easily.
Your like the Gerald Ratner of MHF, selling crap for £130;)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I've lost the will to live:pray:
For the record ive never eaten paella in my life:doh:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I've lost the will to live:pray:
For the record ive never eaten paella in my life:doh:

If you were to buy a "Cadac"... and a Paella pan you could try some.. :giggler:

Don`t knock it till you have tried it.... :RollEyes::wink::rofl:

Luvs you Geo.... :lips:

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
We use the cadac safari chef with leg extensions and I find it really good and very easy to clean.
John.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I do have a Cadac Mo and a Paella Pan, from day one cooked every food known to man in it inc steak and onions, Full English for twenty+(Without mess or hrs of cleaning)
EXCEPT FISH , I hates the Fish, it stinks, it tastes worse than it smells hense no Paella for meeeeeeees Ta!!

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
For the record , I have now marked this as sold, although it isnt actually , just done it to try and put an end to the argument, as I said in an earlier post we have decided to keep it as a garden BBQ where it won't have to be continually unwrapped and built and then put back again.
But I do think it maybe something to do with our style of motorhoming, where we never stay anywhere more than a couple of days, so most of the stay would be took up with putting the cadac together and taking it down again, whereas if you are staying somewhere for a week or so you could use it everyday with no faffing around.(y):)

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
For the record , I have now marked this as sold, although it isnt actually , just done it to try and put an end to the argument, as I said in an earlier post we have decided to keep it as a garden BBQ where it won't have to be continually unwrapped and built and then put back again.
But I do think it maybe something to do with our style of motorhoming, where we never stay anywhere more than a couple of days, so most of the stay would be took up with putting the cadac together and taking it down again, whereas if you are staying somewhere for a week or so you could use it everyday with no faffing around.(y):)

I'm with you @chaser CADAC's suck:)

hours to clean, millions of bags, over complicated:(

We use a folding cheepo charcoal BBQ which folds flat, job done , excellent results and NO CLEANING whatsoever, just goes in a little thin bag, result(y)

If you want a big breakfast fry up , just buy a 'fokker' gas ring, £15 max

But to be fair, I do miss standing at the washing up area chatting to the other cadac owners for hours on end ;)

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I'm with you @chaser CADAC's suck:)

hours to clean, millions of bags, over complicated:(

We use a folding cheepo charcoal BBQ which folds flat, job done , excellent results and NO CLEANING whatsoever, just goes in a little thin bag, result(y)

If you want a big breakfast fry up , just buy a 'fokker' gas ring, £15 max

But to be fair, I do miss standing at the washing up area chatting to the other cadac owners for hours on end ;)
Glad I am not compleatly alone in this, we now just get disposable bbqs , proper charcoal , light it wait a bit then cook as much as you want for two, if you look for bargains you can sometimes find them for less than a pound, when you have done wait for it to cool and bin it, job done, no extra payload no wrapping and unwrapping just to get a gas ring that you already have three of in the van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back