Newbe

Free Member
Jan 3, 2010
Leeds
Funster No
Exp
6 months
Hi all,

I'm wondering if you can help me, I've inherited a 1987 Fiat Ducato and i really don't know alot about it, I've used it a number of times and have enjoyed my trips away, however i really feel it isn't being loved and used to its potential so therefore i'm thinking of selling it. Where would be the best place to sell this on the net and how much do you think i should ask for? Its 4 berth, with shower, toilet etc.

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks

OP
OP
N

Newbe

Free Member
Jan 3, 2010
Leeds
Funster No
Exp
6 months
Thanks Brian, It was built by Elddis, it is an Autocirrus model with 80 thousand miles on the clock. have MOT and Tax etc for next 6 months, does that help?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
You need to give a lot more info,ie length of van, engine size and fuel type, milage, service history etc and maybe some photo's would help.

To give you an idea I paid under 4k for my 1987 elddis autoquest on fiat ducato running gear and with a 2.0l petrol engine, 80,000 miles and full service history, the cab has some rust but the exterior and interior of the habitation areas are like new.

any sign of water ingress or damp/mildew marks are not good either.

hope thats of some help

John

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi all,
I'm wondering if you can help me, I've inherited a 1987 Fiat Ducato and i really don't know alot about it, I've used it a number of times and have enjoyed my trips away, however i really feel it isn't being loved and used to its potential so therefore i'm thinking of selling it. Where would be the best place to sell this on the net and how much do you think i should ask for? Its 4 berth, with shower, toilet etc.
Any help is much appreciated
Thanks

AutoTrader, Ebay or http://www.motorhomemarket.co.uk/(£6-50p for 30 days) depending on how nice it is around the £4k + mark.

Peter

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Newbe

Free Member
Jan 3, 2010
Leeds
Funster No
Exp
6 months
Thanks John, that really helps, i will take all your comments into consideration when i advertise it, do you know where is best to sell it online?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks Brian, It was built by Elddis, it is an Autocirrus model with 80 thousand miles on the clock. have MOT and Tax etc for next 6 months, does that help?

Much better.

One good way to get a feel for the market is to type "Elddis Autocirrus" into Google and you'll get a fair few hits.

I'd have thought you might get a bit more once the snows go, this is more like bargain time.

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
Thanks John, that really helps, i will take all your comments into consideration when i advertise it, do you know where is best to sell it online?

I bought mine off ebay, but I'm very new to all this, I'm sure others on here will have more of a clue and will give you the right advice, good luck

John

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Newbie stick it on ebay now with a reserve of 5k and see what happens ::bigsmile: If it does not sell then put it back on at the beginning of march !!!! no reserve !!!! it will find it's own value-- they start to sell then :thumb:-- at the moment not a lot of people will be looking.
Try to give as much info as possible ( make mileage condition etc,) in the add :thumb: and it may well be worth getting a habitation check for around £100 ish as this could mean lots more people will be interested :thumb:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back