Keybord layout selection where? (1 Viewer)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi all following the death of my Lappy I have managed to rescue this one. It is a Dell Latitude. The keyboard layout is wrong. The @ sign is transposed with the " and no pound sign only # how and where do I change the keyboard layout, I tried the obvious in the control panel must be missing something help please
Happy new year to you all

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Roger.

Assuming it is running windows xo...have you tried this?

1. Click the Start button at the bottom left corner of the screen. This will present you with a long two column menu. On the right menu, click the option Control Panel.
2. There are 2 options in which the Control Panel icons may be presented: category or classic. You want to be in Classic view. You can see at the left side of the Control Panel which view you're currently in. If it says Switch To Category View, it means you're now in Classic view which is what you want. If it says Switch to Classic View, click that link.
3. In The Control panel, click the Regional and Language Options icon. This will open a small dialog. You're about halfway to changing your keyboard language.
4. In this new dialog, you will see 3 tabs. The middle one reads Languages. Click on that.
5. In the top half of this tab, you will see a button which reads Details. Click on that button. A new dialog window will open.
6. In The lower half of the new dialog window, you will see and Add button. This will open yet another dialog window.
7. At the top half of this screen, you will see a Combo under the title of Input Language. Choose the language you wish to add and click OK twice.
8. Look at the bottom of your screen in what is known as the System Tray (bottom right corner), you will see an indication of the current language you're using (EN signifies English). You can now switch between the different language you've installed by pressing Alt+Shift keys.
There you have it. You've successfully changed your keyboard language.

Regards Steve. Happy New Year.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Happy new year teve, I had already done that and the box does read EN but is american english not british and alt shift does nothing

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Happy new year teve, I had already done that and the box does read EN but is american english not british and alt shift does nothing

Drat...

I had a feeling you might have done.:Doh:

I am able to add another keyboard eg english uk and then delete the old american one.

I have heard of this prob with dells before.

Last edited:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font VendĂ´me
Exp
Since 2004
On my XP...control panel/regional and languages/options there is a box saying
"English US" use the drop down arrow next to this and change t to English UK..you will find it above english US:Smile:

Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years
On my XP...control panel/regional and languages/options there is a box saying
"English US" use the drop down arrow next to this and change t to English UK..you will find it above english US:Smile:

Exactly what I was just going to say

Brian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
:thumb:eek:k guys, between you is is sorted many thanks, just getting old I recon, hee hee.:thumb:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Drat...

I had a feeling you might have done.:Doh:

I am able to add another keyboard eg english uk and then delete the old american one.

I have heard of this prob with dells before.

:RollEyes: We have the same problem with my HP Compaq bought from Denmark too. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back