LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
has anybody else seen the american rv in the road works on the M18 southbound just south of Doncaster? nice looking unit, labouring must be up in the wages table nowadays

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
it was there when we passed this afternoon around lunch time....

There today (29th Dec) when my management dragged me to Meadowhall and the sales......Nightmare.
(Sales, that is, not the MH).
John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
has anybody else seen the american rv in the road works on the M18 southbound just south of Doncaster? nice looking unit, labouring must be up in the wages table nowadays

hi i passed it last week its not an arv its a european
concorde made in germany i think. not cheap either around 150k

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
My mate works on the roads and has a stunning 32foot A class with a toad!!! :Eeek:::bigsmile:

The money he is given for digs more than covers the costs and he charges a few of his mates to sleep in it and prvides em with some breakky.:thumb:

Its a win-win situation for everyone, he is never late for work, is always available to work if someone doesnt show up, his vehicles are being paid for by someone else (and will be his at the end of the loan period) and he makes a few quid to cover fuel costs etc by providing B&B for a couple of lads (who are also never late and available at the drop of a hat). He even earns a few extra quid as he can also be the site compound over night security guard :winky:. When he goes home he parks it up on his parents drive so his parents now rent out his old room and make a few extra quid for themselves as well :thumb:

He has no site fees, water and waste disposal on tap and no-one says a word about the genny chugging away for 6 hours a day!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
my neighbour is a contract site manger on m1 and m18 road works says a french firm have some subcontractors working on motorways could be one of there's

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp