Change Extensions???? Help Please (1 Viewer)

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Hi Folks

Got wifee an iPhone for Chrimbo and she want to use a music snippit for her ringtone. Ive found this site that tells me how to do it

http://www.ehow.com/how_2160460_custom-iphone-ringtones-free.html

But i cant seem to change the file extension as directed on my PC. I can see it but havnt figured out how to actually change it.

Any help or guidance much appreciated as its now driving me bloody bonkers :Eeek:

The standard ringtones on the iPhone are crap but if you buy a track from iTunes its a doddle (well it would be wouldnt it :Doh:) but we already have the track she wants on cd and refuse to buy it again :Angry:.

I have a PC running Windows Vista Home Premium if that helps at all :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
On a windows PC.

Open Explorer -- Accessories/Windows Explorer NOT internet explorer.

Find your file, right click it then RENAME on the drop down box.

OP
OP
dazzer

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
On a windows PC.

Open Explorer -- Accessories/Windows Explorer NOT internet explorer.

Find your file, right click it then RENAME on the drop down box.

Already tried that, it will let me change the file name but NOT the extension (it wont even show the extension tag to allow me to change it) :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
In Windows Explorer pick Tools/Folder Options from the Menu Bar.
Click on the View tab.
Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" and click Apply then OK.

You may have to widen the Name column but the files should then show the extension as well.

Right click on the required file and you should be able to change the extension.

I just tried it on our laptop which runs Vista Home Premium and it worked OK there.

To tidy up afterwards pick Tools/Folder Options from the Menu Bar; Click on the View tab; check "Hide extensions for known file types" and click Apply then OK.

Graham

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Hi Folks

Got wifee an iPhone for Chrimbo and she want to use a music snippit for her ringtone. Ive found this site that tells me how to do it

But i cant seem to change the file extension as directed on my PC. I can see it but havnt figured out how to actually change it.

Any help or guidance much appreciated as its now driving me bloody bonkers :Eeek:

i think if you look in the free apps on the i phone you may find a converter
i saw one when i was checking the free apps there is also a free spirit level app :thumb:

OP
OP
dazzer

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
In Windows Explorer pick Tools/Folder Options from the Menu Bar.
Click on the View tab.
Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" and click Apply then OK.

You may have to widen the Name column but the files should then show the extension as well.

Right click on the required file and you should be able to change the extension.

I just tried it on our laptop which runs Vista Home Premium and it worked OK there.

To tidy up afterwards pick Tools/Folder Options from the Menu Bar; Click on the View tab; check "Hide extensions for known file types" and click Apply then OK.

Graham

Thanks for that Graham....easy when you know how!!!! :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dazzer

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Hi Folks

i think if you look in the free apps on the i phone you may find a converter
i saw one when i was checking the free apps there is also a free spirit level app :thumb:

The app just tells you the same info as the website i posted earlier. It works but you need to faff around to do it :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back