Alde 3020 top tip (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
My Alde 3020 control panel froze on me today in our brand new 740 and as a result showed 'overheat red fail' and NO heating or hot water! Rang my man 'that does' and he said to take off black cover on boiler unit, take out fuse in green plastic holder briefly and then put it back and bingo... All reset itself and now warm as toast

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Useful tip - thanks

Mine was a bit iffy this last weekend, wouldn't kick in - kept turning itself off, I added a bout a litre of water to the header tank as it was a little below minimum and then it started. However then had a couple of 'gas fails' and had to stop and start it a couple of times- not sure why.

Anyone any ideas? It's pretty much a brand new system

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Make sure you have bled the gas properly run hob burners for a while, presuming gas bottles are OK not empty, check that gas regulator is working, they tend to fail with no warning, if you have done this obvious stuff then apologies, I would suggest getting it over to dealer to fix or give Alde a call as they are very helpful.
Good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
It turned out to be a gas pressure problem - too much gas going to the burner so safety cut out - I then had a leak in one of the radiators - all fixed now and working well.

AMK

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
gainsborough
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2014
Water in the header tank, should it not be the Alde top up fluid.
Didn't realise you can top up with water.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Water in the header tank, should it not be the Alde top up fluid.
Didn't realise you can top up with water.
My previous owner never topped up with anything but water for years due to a leak, now the whole system is scaled and needs a full descale with the possibility of more leaks.
The boilers internal stat cuts out before the room stat temperature due to restricted water flow.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back