Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
We are going to the New Year Meet at the Cotton Arms.
After a lot of thought, we decided to buy a Honda generator to use while we are there. It will be handy,too, when we have powercuts and for working on the MH as we now have the girl in storage.

As I am clueless technologically, could anyone tell me how we use it for the van.

Does it plug in somewhere?
Do we need to chain it to the MH when we go away?
I remember someone saying at Stratford that" people" were going up and down the lines of MH's looking for generators.

Any tips would be great .

Ps We know this is a controversial subject so hopefully we will not be running it at times to inconvenience others.
Lucille

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
you need alead 13a plug to 16a socket and plug directly into motorhome power in point , yes chain it to chassis as hondas are desirable , maybe a advantage towards a kippor at last ???? mind you if a kippor was running it must be the good one !!

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
You could try this one, suitcase size, we have just started stocking them.
£685 less funsters discount.

Peter.

Planet Planet 3 (2.8 Kw)

The "Planet 3" Generator is the biggest of the Planet Generators suitcase Generators. This will power any electrical appliance and is still light enough to be used anywhere. True sinewave means no spikes or surges, so it's perfect for sensitive equipment like Computers. Perfect for camping or even use at home.

The "Planet 3" comes with a 2-Year Warranty.

Technical Specifications

Sound Level (DB) : 59 (7m)
Output Rated (kva) : 2.8
Output Max (kva) : 3.2
Output Voltage (V) : 230
Fuel Tank Capacity (L) : 7.5
Continuous Operating Hours Without Refuelling at Rated Load : 8.5
Dimensions (mm) : L560, W300, H500
Starting system : Recoil starter
Engine type : 171cc Single cylinder, 4-stroke, OHC, gasoline engine
Rated rotation speed (rpm) : 3600
Dry Weight (kg) : 28
Fuel Type : Petrol
Socket Type : 2 x 13 amp Socket

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• planet3__40797.jpg
    planet3__40797.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 27
Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi Lucille,
trust Robin hes a sparky,.
::bigsmile:

Glad you chose a Honda :thumb: don't want anyone with those big ugly kippors at the new year meet bringing the tone down ::bigsmile:

Looking really forward to seeing you at the meet. You should always chain the Genny up, even in such a nice place like Wrenbury. they are desireable and can be had away in a jiffey with a fantastic ebay sell on price.:RollEyes:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
staging lady

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
you need alead 13a plug to 16a socket and plug directly into motorhome power in point , yes chain it to chassis as hondas are desirable , maybe a advantage towards a kippor at last ???? mind you if a kippor was running it must be the good one !!
Thanks, Robin. I understand now. Do you know how long it runs for on a fill. Need it for the hairdryer and hotbrush - the little essentials we girls need!:Smile:
Lucille

Upvote 0
OP
OP
staging lady

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi Lucille,

Glad you chose a Honda :thumb: don't want anyone with those big ugly kippors at the new year meet bringing the tone down ::bigsmile:

Looking really forward to seeing you at the meet. You should always chain the Genny up, even in such a nice place like Wrenbury. they are desireable and can be had away in a jiffey with a fantastic ebay sell on price.:RollEyes:
We are really looking forward to seeing you,too, Paul- and all the funsters we know and ones we are going to meet.
However..... by the time I've got my wool long johns,thermal and wool vests,chunky wool sweater,fleece 1, fleece 2, padded jacket, wool hat, fur hat and 2 scarves on--- you may not recognise me!:roflmto:
Lucille

Upvote 0

Frankia

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
"Need it for the hairdryer and hotbrush".

Which Honda did you get?

If it is the 1Kw you will have to check the rating of the hairdryer - some are as much as 1600w which would not run from the genny. You also need to take into account what else is running in the 'van (fridge and charger) and check their ratings - you may not have a lot left of your 1000watts from the Honda so may have to turn them off to use a hairdryer even if it is under 1k.

Upvote 0

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
fuel depends on load genny is put under and also if its a 10 or 20 model we are taking a full genny and 2 gallons in a machine mart sealed steel can to france and will be more than we need , do check your power of hairdryer as posts are right you may have to use hair dryer on low power if only a 10 model, hot brush should be fine though
if you have purchased the 20 model dont panic it will do it all no problem

haganap and all you hope you have a great new year , have you designated kippor parking spots !!!!

Upvote 0

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
haganap and all you hope you have a great new year , have you designated kippor parking spots !!!!

"Yes".... The "Wellington Arms"........... About 5 Miles up the road.. :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry,, I`ll get me coat..

"HONDA" Rules... :thumb:

Upvote 0

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
"Yes".... The "Wellington Arms"........... About 5 Miles up the road.. :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry,, I`ll get me coat..

"HONDA" Rules... :thumb:

that may do it if wind in right direction !!!!!
:ROFLMAO::shout::ROFLMAO:
its ironic that my "silent run" cased genny is a lot louder than my honda ( nearly as load as a kippor ) , am going to look at a honda 30 next year to replace my " silent run " unit , maybe then sell large genny as a quiet kippor?????

Upvote 0

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Season's Greetings Robin.

I think you are a Honda Supremacist!!!

In this case I support the minority Kipor Clan... a decent, fairly priced, slightly feisty but faithful when understood, group of hard working gennys which gets on with the job of energy providing for the people who like value for money over Brand Name Posing...

JJ :thumb:

Happy New Year everyone

Kipor, for those who value substance over brand names...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
just to explain

superior engineering nothing else and resale values say it all, my porsche is superior to most cars i have owned and i have had lots it is addictive and makes me smile like a small boy so is goooooooood , every time i sell one ( and genrally get more than i paid orignally ) i miss it so much i just need another one and have to buy a better and faster one , my 4x4 is great fun in this present weather( another vehicle i miss when not there ) , wifes tt convertable is great in the 3 weeks of summer we have and another example of a superb engineered machine , works van does what it says on the tin and astra is just reliable , but i could never compare a kippor to a honda as every item has its own qualities and that is embarasing to even compare them as seat owners quote that they have porsche mechanics and engineering , belive what you will and then compare the 2 products honda starts first time you pull the starter and you know it will thats what make it so good it is predictable , ignore the price difference and everyone would buy a honda genny , but yes they are expensive if not to be kept long term to get value from it

Upvote 0

geoff587

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Be honest you just wanted to let us know you have a Porsche . As you can see from the dogs expression he prefers my Pick Up to the wife's toy. ::bigsmile:

Attachments

• usb 131.jpg
    usb 131.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
staging lady

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Have not replied as we were on the New Year meet.

We got the 2kw generator and it kept us alive over the bitterly cold weekend.

Did not use the hairdryer but I have a 12 volt outlet hairdryer so can use that maybe in the future. Thanks for the advice on the hot brush will have to check the ratings.

We sometimes have powercuts so I'm hoping we can use it on those occasions.
Lucille

Upvote 0

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Hi Lucille,

Nothing wrong with a Kipor. Thats why we brought a big one!:Smile: IG6000

Attachments

• Kipor001.jpg
    Kipor001.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries