LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi, think our Pace box may be on the way out. So thinking about a dreambox from Snellyvision. Can anyone tell me of it will run directly from the 12v in my van. Also will it take my freesat card? Thanks in advance. :Smile:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Last I saw on his sight, The dreambox is out of stock. Or am i missing something.

Don

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
So whats a Dreambox then,and how does it differ from a skybox.
Please excuse my ignorance, I dont know how the remote works,
Am never allowed control over it anyway.:cry:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Ken if your at the new year meet
I have a dream box you can play with for the duration, to see if you take to it (I didnt)as far as I remember the dream box acts as an emulator for the sky card and plays all it would in a pace box
For the uninitiated and in simple terms a dream box is supposed to receive any and all signals and decode them it also can be told via programing it is any box you want it to be. Hence Dream Box
Geo

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
a new white sky card does work in a dreambox....

but not for the SKy SPorts and Sky Movie channels....yet.....(at least not reliably enough)

There are also issues that they do ont keeop the sky card alive, and the card must be put back into a sky receiver to keeop the card alive, as the nonsky boxes are having issues with the "signals tht keep the card updated.

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Ken if your at the new year meet
I have a dream box you can play with for the duration, to see if you take to it (I didnt)as far as I remember the dream box acts as an emulator for the sky card and plays all it would in a pace box
For the uninitiated and in simple terms a dream box is supposed to receive any and all signals and decode them it also can be told via programing it is any box you want it to be. Hence Dream Box
Geo

Thanks Geo really appreciate that but we can'tmake the New Year meet. We are in no hurry tho' as we use hook up sites in winter so can take the box from home. If you still have it we are at Statford show for the week could maybe try it there if thats OK? Would be nice to try before buy. Is yours for sale? ::bigsmile:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
a new white sky card does work in a dreambox....

but not for the SKy SPorts and Sky Movie channels....yet.....(at least not reliably enough)

There are also issues that they do ont keeop the sky card alive, and the card must be put back into a sky receiver to keeop the card alive, as the nonsky boxes are having issues with the "signals tht keep the card updated.

All I know is that since my White sky card arrived and was activated my Blue card is dead and the white card does nothing except Freesat or Free Sky Channels. And yes I subscribe to everything except Sport.

Don

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
you will probably have to update the software in the box, so that it is more compatiable with the enw white cards, as is if you had old software in it will not be compatiable with the software required for the new white cards!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back