Urgent! For New Year Attendees! (1 Viewer)

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Hi all,

The site have just called me - last weekend the -6 temperatures provided wonderfully hard ground conditions :thumb:

But it also froze the water pipes :Sad: and they were down to just one water tap for filling up the motorhomes so they have suggested that you all take at least some water with you so that if the conditions are as cold, that we don't end up in a massive queue for the solitary water tap :Smile:

Just some friendly advice, I know some of you like to travel empty and fill-up when you get to a site :Cool:

Bryan
Link Removed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
dont fill up too early you dont want water busting your motorhome tanks/pipes out, take bottled water at least if it freezes the worst it can do is soak your floor xxxxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Road Conditions

Just phoned the Cotton Arms to check on Gritting in the area. They said all roads are gritted to within 2 miles of the site. After that, at present, roads are passable OK with care.
Hopefully see you all there.
Regards, Graham & Jean

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
well we have yet to have any snow yet. just cold temps. The roads are no better/worse than any other time. Although the road in is a little countryfied. as yet no problems. Im off over there tomorrow to see a client.
will keep you updated.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back