Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This has been sat in the directory for almost a year without rating or comment. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about Marquis Motorhomes?

Deleted User
We bought a second hand Globecar from Marquis Preston last year and had no problems, they did exactly what they said they would on time and were very helpful.

No problems with the vehicle so cannot say about warranty or servicing though.

I think that some Marquis depots have had bad reviews but as it is a large organisation standards may vary from branch to branch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
having purchased a brand new van from them that was so badly put together that the roof rattled in the wind and the interior fit and finish was amateurish at best, marquis was even less than useless. they refused to do warranty work and what they did under sufferance took months. after taking legal advice I opted to take a huge financial loss and sold the van into the trade.

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Had excellent service from Marquis but it did need a bit of firm leverage initially to get them to take us seriously.Jointly and severally liability managed by the bank works amazing wonders!
Wonder if their new French owners will change them positively!

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Sales excellent but you would expect that. Service average to weak. Phone calls not returned. Forgot we were waiting for the van in their waiting room. Called home number to say it was ready! Poor cosmetic repair that we could have done better.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
First motorhome was one of their "Majestic" brand although not bought from them.

The 9 months or so I owned that van has ensured I'll never consider a British built one again.

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
I used to work for them and as with all companies, it's the staff and their interpretation of company rules which can make or break a company. As with all companies trying to make money in a very cut throat business they sometimes get it very wrong but sometimes they excel at customer service.

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Any one needing service in East Sussex is always welcome to come to Johns Cross and find out what a proper mortorhome dealer is like

That's good to know, I may be passing by to see about a few things because you are closer. I have had no issues with Marquis in Southampton and found them to be a little "old fashioned" but what do you expect in the UK motorhome industry??, To me its a cottage industry mostly. But they have done ok once you have a positive attitude and understand they are not Apple, Sainsburys, or Ford

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Coming from West London M25 then A21 but watch out for the turn off to A21 as its easily missed, leave after 10am ish and miss the worst of the traffic, worst bit is around Heathrow, come back after 4, worst bit again is after M3 turn off and the M25 going up to the M1 join

Coming from East or Central London, join M25 well after Heathrow!

Peter

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
We went to the Ivybridge depot in Sunny Deb'n just the once. The offices were filthy and the staff could not have been more disinterested in us. They (and Martin's of Exeter) did us a favour though and we were able to make and excellent purchase privately,

The Tincas

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@Tincataylor
Are you saying Martin's of Exeter did you a favour by treating you well, or by driving you away to another dealer?(n)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We use marquis for many years.
Different area's having, one of their vans made us go back for warranty work which was not finished properly and needed doing' again, and again.
Shoddy botch ups.
Lying to us, saying we had not asked them to fit a new worktop as it had de laminated. I showed them the replying email from months ago saying they would fit it. Traded it in before the end of warranty at a huge loss.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
To be fair, in all the times we have been at Marquis looking at motorhomes, we have never met a disgruntled customer. (y)

Maybe your Dad was unfortunate rather than us being fortunate. :)
I don't think the term "unfortunate" can be applied to his unsatisfactory experiences across multiple vehicles from the same Chieveley based dealer.

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Any one needing service in East Sussex is always welcome to come to Johns Cross and find out what a proper mortorhome dealer is like

Thanks Peter, Will be in touch soon about getting a bike rack fitted. Will give you a call.

Cheers

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
but it is ok for you to use the term 'fortunate' when you describe my experience of the same dealer... :whistle: :)
When gauged relatively only to the multiple experiences endured by my Father, yes. Its quite frustrating, as said dealer is our closest. However, I'm glad things worked out for you.

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
@Tincataylor
Are you saying Martin's of Exeter did you a favour by treating you well, or by driving you away to another dealer?(n)

We took a look round Martins a couple of times and found the sales staff pretty disinterested and when we asked for a hab check quote they said it would be £200+ and they couldn't look at it for at least two months. We found a local man who came to our address and did what to us seemed a thorough job for £40.00. We have had him back ever year and cannot fault his work.
We bought our Autosleeper Nuevo from a lovely lady in Launceston at a price that suited us very well and would not hesitate to buy and sell privately in the future.

The Tincas

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back