free wi fi connection in France (1 Viewer)

tilly ivimey

Free Member
Apr 14, 2009
Chester. UK
Funster No
MH
VW Komet camper
Exp
Spring 09
We went to France twice this year and despite repeated attempts could never log on to any free wifi sites. My laptop kept telling me I needed a password. This never seemed to bother other nationalities who just breezed up snd two minutes later were happily skyping away or otherwise using the web. none of the experts in the pub can help so I decided to go straight to the top. You lot!!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou, Bill and Tilly

dragabed

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Funster No
wifi france

i have used my lap top throughout france and the only time i have needed a password was on sites and paying for it .

dragabed

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Funster No
wifi france

i have used my lap top throughout france and the only time i have needed a password was on sites and paying for it .we have found shopping mals with free wifi big macs and small villages but plenty of it about oh also public libraries

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Is your lappy set to only find secured Wifi:Doh:
if not it should find the freebies too:thumb:

neilmac

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
UK, France & Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2nd year
It's worth trying a series of zeroes or nines. These are often default codes for free wi-fi, and I've often found them to work.

Sounds useful Doug, any particular sequence to the zeros and nines to try?:winky:

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Sounds useful Doug, any particular sequence to the zeros and nines to try?:winky:

No sequence necessary. Try a series of zeroes, or a series of nines, ie 0000000 or 9999999. Count the dot's in the password box to get the correct number of digits required.

If zeroes and nines don't work, then try other numbers.:Smile:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
We went to France twice this year and despite repeated attempts could never log on to any free wifi sites. My laptop kept telling me I needed a password. This never seemed to bother other nationalities who just breezed up snd two minutes later were happily skyping away or otherwise using the web. none of the experts in the pub can help so I decided to go straight to the top. You lot!!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou, Bill and Tilly

Bill
When you try to find a wifi site ...do you get secured and un-secured sites come up on your laptop.....could be one site could be 21 +....depending who is switched on and where you are...but keep trying as it changes all the time.....normaly when you click on the un-secured site and if the signal is good it may take a little while to connect, but you should get onto the web.

Mel

wayfarer

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Co. Clare. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi Bill and Tilly,
I had this snag in France with a new laptop this year also and after trying every trick in the book I finally rang an IT friend at home. He told me to switch off the firewall then connect to the internet, and when you are connected just switch on the firewall again. Everything worked fine after that.
:Smile:

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi,
I have found that sites with free wifi still require you to enter a password, many do not provide the password on check-in - just ask.
:Smile:

Baggins

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
I noticed this year that Orange has become the predominant supplier of broadband - especially along the Riviera - and their home/business broadband routers are never unsecured.

You can easily buy hourly/monthly connection but quite expensive.

I think the locals you see connecting freely have home broadband accounts that extend to mobile use like BT in UK.

BW:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back