Free Member
Jul 30, 2009
Lancs ( at the moment )
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
0 yet :))
I have just ordered my first motorhome::bigsmile:. An Auto-Trail Delaware Hi-line, should be ready end march 2010::bigsmile: I'm very excited::bigsmile: can you tell::bigsmile:. What i want to ask is, is there a "list" somewhere on kitting a motorhome out, or is it just common sense ?. Also where's the best place to buy my whistling kettle's etc.:Smile:

Any advice is most appreciated.

Thanks from a nearly beginner:roflmto:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Canned Heat, welcome to the world of Motorhomes, and welcome to the fun.:thumb: Nice outfit you just purchased, you have some exciting times ahead.:Smile:

As for that list of kit, the most comprehensive kit list and checklist ever, as compiled by Funsters, is readily available, just look in my signature below::bigsmile: Purchases support motorhomeFun:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
We looked at the lowline version at the Shepton Show & were very impressed. Not sure what bells & whistles you will need, it seemed to be well kitted out as it was.::bigsmile:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Canned Heat

Free Member
Jul 30, 2009
Lancs ( at the moment )
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi from a very snowy lancashire.

Thanks for the advice, i am buying the checklist, also going to the caravan & motorhome show in manchester in jan, i'm sure i will be able to pick some things up there.

Have a merry xmas everybody and i hope to see you on the road next easter::bigsmile:.

steve.

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You type of people amaze me
I am full of admiration for you, choose a motor home put down a deposit and WAIT till March:Eeek:
How do you do it, how do you contain your selves:Doh:what do you do in the 3 month WAIT:Eeek:
I would be in peices, no patiance no willpower no faith:Doh:
Its a carrier bag of dosh or pay via plastic and drive away every time for me:Smile:
that means of course i will never have a new one:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
I wouldn't survive the WAIT!!!!!
Geo

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I am full of admiration for you, choose a motor home put down a deposit and WAIT till March:Eeek:
How do you do it, how do you contain your selves:Doh:what do you do in the 3 month WAIT:Eeek:
Its a carrier bag of dosh or pay via plastic and drive away every time for me:Smile:
Geo

Geo,

No coachbuilt is gonna compare with what you have got Link Removed

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
If your cab seats are fitted with swivels,I would reccomend an insulated screen cove. There are a number of manufacturers the most prominent is Silver Screens,Taylormade,and silver Products. I would personally reccomend silver products,all are available by 'Googling'.
Happy Trails.

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Now thats what I call a proper Christmas Present, enjoy, make sure you have room in the motorhome to store what you buy before getting non essentials. All the best with your new van and Happy Christmas.::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Geo

Hi,

I agree with Geo, I also am an instant gratification type. Right here, right now. Life is much too short to wait 3 months.

Another thing, I always buy second hand because of the depreciation of new motorhomes. If you buy one 3 years old you get a bargain, half of the price of a new one and all problems sorted out by the first owner. Also you can have some great extras already fitted. If Car or Motorhome companies rely on me to buy new, then they would be bankrupt by now. ::bigsmile:
Have lots of fun in your new motorhome, I am sure you will.

May see you on your travels.

Lesley

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Canned Heat

Free Member
Jul 30, 2009
Lancs ( at the moment )
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
LOL. I can wait, i'm a very patient man.:winky: I don't want to rush, this is my "chillin" time of life. I might even wave at passing caravaners:Smile:,just to wind them up:roflmto:

steve.

Upvote 0

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
wait, ??????

Wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?????????????????/ what is this strange word i hear, like geo, i cant see me getting new, i saw my last one on e bay, bought it and had to wait till check cleared, 5 days, was going mental,, mind you didnt have far to go, traveld from hampshire to cheshire, was camping outside house like a kid at christmas,
anyway, good luck, enjoy it and hope to see you on the road, travel safe and travel well,, froghopper:thumb::roflmto:::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

RichyB

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
Staffs UK
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
3 months
I'm a 'Newbie' myself, only been vanning for a few months. After the initial steep learning curve you'll be fine. I find its taking me a while to kit the van out as I would like. I just keep gathering little bits and pieces as I go along. But its absolutely great! best wishes to you!::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

gunerdoo

Free Member
Oct 16, 2009
Funster No
MH
ROMAHOME
Geo

GEO how long does it take You to walk from the from the Front to the Back of your Damon Challenger ? It must be Tireing ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back