Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
currently around Alicanti en route to Roquetas de Mar Weather here is fabulous and hope it stays that way. A good stop off at Peniscola is Camping Ferrer which is in the CC book Europe 1 but it is open all year round and not as stated in the book Stayed there for a week at €13 per night Camping Eden is too crowded for me and the aire at €8 is fine for a night but Ferrer has good facilities and restaurant and Rosa speaks very ggod English. Only a short walk to the beach and port etc so if you are looking for a good stop give it a try Its an easy 1 day drive from the South of France::bigsmile:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Good to hear you're having good weather - it's cold, damp & foggy at the moment in Newcastle.
I have saved the Ferrer website to my favourites for next year ::bigsmile:

Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Hi G47
We are at Marjal ATM and you are right, the weather is great. We are thinking of going to Roquetas de Mar early February but do not know what it is like, their web site is down / under repair at present. Any pointers?
JK

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Hi
We have been at Cabo De Gato since 20th october and have had excellant weather only 1 bad day , 50 flamingoes on the lake this morning and our lab Ben is swimming in the sea for an hour each day
Wanderer

wayfarer

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Co. Clare. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Rub it in, why don't ye.
From a wet and windy Eire :cry:
Have a very happy Christmas and New Year.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2007
West Yorks occasionally
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Since 2007
Getting all excited!

We head off, 3 weeks on Sunday - really looking forward to it - 2 months away from cold and wet Yorkshire.

Our first time away as 'Snowbirds', looking forward to catching up with Steles and to meeting Penelope Pitstop.

Let's hope the weather is kind to us...........

Di

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We head off, 3 weeks on Sunday - really looking forward to it - 2 months away from cold and wet Yorkshire.

Our first time away as 'Snowbirds', looking forward to catching up with Steles and to meeting Penelope Pitstop.

Let's hope the weather is kind to us...........

Di

Lovely and warm here in Zahora :roflmto::roflmto: Hope it stays that way! :thumb:

Looking forward to seeing you soon! :thumb::thumb:

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Sounds good to me :thumb::thumb:

We set off on the 19th for Chrsitmas at Marjal so hope the weather holds

Fingers Crossed:Smile:

OP
OP
geoff1947

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Roquetas de Mar

Not too hot today but still able to wear my shorts but with a fleece. To answer a Q my neighbours get SKY but I can´t as my dish is too small and I´m not bothered I get News 24 and all the radio stations Sad to hear Sir Terry signing off this morning.
At Roquetas the pitches are hugh and not hemmed in with hedges About 25 brits here so a good social life but restaurant is poor as the owner died recently and its in abayence at present Shops are a bit far but OK if you have a car and I walk to them anyway!
Hopefully the sunwill be out for Xmas and have a good one wherever you are!:Eeek:

teensvan

Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
Fulltime in Motorhome
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
:Smile: Hi.

We would love to be in spain this winter but due to my bad health and more doctors oppointments than i can count on my hands & toes we are in the cold & wet. Maybe next winter but do not hold out much hope. :Sad:

We may have to give up fulltiming and move back into a house. All that tax & bills again does frighten me.

steve & ann. ----------------- teensvan

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
We set off Jan 6, through France, on our way to Bonterra Park to arrive Jan 15.
We're stopping off at Roses to meet friends for a couple of days. Then a days drive to Benicassim.
What's the least troublesome route down towards Perpignan at this time of year ?
What sites does anyone recommend for the travel down through France ?
We've got the ACSI book, and we've used the western route to Biarritz and the more central route of Clermont Ferrand / A75 many times during late summer, but personal recommendations with a view to inclement weather / ehu's / aires / campsites are always welcome.

regards
Allen

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Wanderer - do you wild camp at Cabo or is there a campsite there now? Is the army still much in evidence beyone las salinas?

Late 70's, used to drive our 4WD* hired Seat down as far as we could go on the unmade rd (* in those days, ALL hire cars were 4WD LOL) and scramble down to the beach to skinny-dip, often had an audience by the time we came out of the sea!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
SEDGE-- We are staying at camping Cabo de Gata which is a nice clean site but can be a little remote for some people but we love it in the desert. Lots of walks for the dog. Lovely weather here even when its raining in Almeria just 10 km,s away,
Some vans do wild camp by the salinas not sure for how long as the guardia civil are moving the wildies on . The military have moved away from this area in the main i did see about 50 soldiers on a route march about 10 days ago , most of the military are station at La Legion to the no
rth of Almeria
Wanderer

traffic

Free Member
May 23, 2009
Funster No
Its not looking good.

In Estepona. thunderstorms torrential rain,forcast for next 10 days not good.:Sad:

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
My friends live on the Costa Del Sol and they've had thunderstorms and lots of rain today

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
It's Camping Pinar San Jose in Zahora near Conil! You coming??:Smile:

Thanks. Not this year. Just sold van and am awaiting delivery of new one in the Spring. I'm just wondering where to spend next winter as I'm fed up with the Costa Blanca although its a lot better than here.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Thanks. Not this year. Just sold van and am awaiting delivery of new one in the Spring. I'm just wondering where to spend next winter as I'm fed up with the Costa Blanca although its a lot better than here.

Costa De La Luz is gorgeous - BUT - it's not like the Costa Blanca - it's VERY quiet and tranquil.:Smile:

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Hi
Its been lashing it down since about 4.00am found i hadn,t shut the door properly and the dog was pissed off didn,t like his early morning shower.
The long term forcast is poor for Almeria but the weather can be very localised here as i have been into Almeria the last 3 days and it has been overcast or wet i get back to Cabo 12 km,s and its sunny.
Maybe we should all post our weather as often as possible so campers can make an informed decision if they are coming down or thinking of a move
Wanderer

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Saturday 9am Spanish time,, started raining heavy 4pm Friday and has not stopped,, :cry:

Camping "Marjal" Guadamar, nr Alicanti.

Looking out there is more life in a cemetry.. :ROFLMAO:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Cabopino, Marbella, 10 am. Cool, some sun and cloud.

Thunderstorms yesterday and more promised over the next few days.

Long range forecast is wall to wall rain till the 28th. but they don't always get it right.

Pete:Cool:

OP
OP
geoff1947

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Cabopino, Marbella, 10 am. Cool, some sun and cloud.

Thunderstorms yesterday and more promised over the next few days.

Long range forecast is wall to wall rain till the 28th. but they don't always get it right.

Thank you for the forecast that's really cheered me up. woke up at 0630 with wind and rain so had a cuppa to while away the hours. Thank goodness for Motorhomefun etc. Will go dolally if I have to sit in the van for another day, never mind a week Still could be worse. got some good books and a jigsaw to do.:Sad:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Could be worse Geoff. You could be in the UK:Eeek:

Are Allan and Annie on site ?

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
driven from benicassim to valencia today ....nice and sunny but abut chilly , arctic tonight though at el saler

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
Up in the mountains 50km from Alicante slight snow very cold and more to come i think.:coolthumb:

Myfanwy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
Camping Roquetas, Almeria

:thumb::Smile::winky: Hi Pete

Yes its me, Annie. We arrived at Roquetas a week ago after spending a month at Peniscola. The weather there was quite good but since arriving here its been a bit varied and last night was just terrible. The awning made it against all odds though!! Would love to see you again if you are passing anytime. We are off to Portugal for Xmas to have a change, (staying in a hotel and having dinner cooked for me!) Have a good one.

Annie and Alan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back