Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Decided to go legal and get my C1 back on licence, paid £120 plus VAT to Doctor for so called medical, posted it off over two weeks ago recorded and nowt happens.

Phoned them to be told it takes FOUR WEEKS to process and all it is a rubber stamp jobby as I passed 100% not even glasses needed.

Delay due to workload................ how many people are applying to get it back I wonder, the motorhome business is not THAT GOOD!

Peter

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I should think it will be overall workload, not just MH related. All to be expected, though, when cuts are made in the cause of saving government expenditure/not raising taxes.

Graham

nozzmoking

Free Member
Jul 31, 2008
West Berkshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2008
Decided to go legal and get my C1 back on licence, paid £120 plus VAT to Doctor for so called medical

Yes, it is a bit steep. I was in the docs for about 10/15 mins so someone's doing well out of us. :Angry:

I'm thinking of starting my own Medical Service, can't be that hard. Take pulse, quick eye test, check feet are still working, ask how the family is, £80 (zero vat) and I'll throw in a hairnet. Sorted. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
My previous GP never used to charge me for my PCV medical as I was using it for charitable purposes (Community transport). When he retired a new young gun started and it was all singing computerised everything including the £45 bill.
As for DVLA I must say 'au contraire'-I requested a replacement licence online and it was received 2 days later-must have been a new member of staff,they'll learn!!:ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I've no complaints with the DVLA, in fact I think they do well.

I returned my driving license (paper and plastic ) and two vehicle log books twice this year (to change address) and always back within a week to ten days .. and no charges.

jim

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Peter
Its the licence translation causing the delay
Not too many DVLA staff read Latin these days:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Merry Christmas
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
More likely they need a pharmacist to translate the doctors hand writing. You'll know when the pills come through the post instead of the license.:roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back