reversing camera (1 Viewer)

alan and sue

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
Funster No
Hi all, please could I have some advice on reasonably priced reversing camera for a lunar roadstar 780, and may I wish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year::bigsmile:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Have to agree with Dazzer on this one, :thumb:

I had a Waeco camera hard wired into my new van, and have been very happy with it. On getting home with it my mate who had a wireless one, took one look at the picture on mine and changed to a hard wired one also.

They may be dearer but the end result is far superior, in our opinion.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
I agree with'Desco'. Get a good quality make. We had ours fitted by Van bitz and is superb. We had the Waeco twin lens camera fitted and is great.

ken

kkclassic

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
South Coast
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi

I liked the suggestion that you could tie wife/partner/husband/kids to the bike rack with a walkie talkie

Jobs a gudun :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Kevin and Trica :Doh:

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Just bought one of these Waeco RV200 Black&White Reverse System + Camera 12v/24v

off Ebay.

Great bit of kit

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Surely the fundamental problem is that MH constructors always leave the mirror in the centre of the windscreen, where it was in the van. They then put a wall in the direct line from the mirror to the road behind, and fit a back window on the left side of the vehicle, more or less directly behind the passenger's seat. As a driving-aid, the mirror is useless.

Although a camera is v.helpful when parking, it's very deceptive when you're gauging distance on the road. It's better to but a cheap stick-on (suction) mirror and put this on the windscreen in front of the passenger and more or less in line with the back window. We really should take this point up with the constructors.

And as for KKClassic's intriguing suggestion, why bother with the walkie talkie?

Seriously, though, a wired in camera is very useful.

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
many of the motorhomes I am seeing dont have any window at all in the back.

we have a reversing camera in the car and a set of grid lines are projected onto the screen ( maybe it is in all of them, wouldn't know ) this gives a square the size of the car marking where it will go if you head straight back and another that moves around as you turn the steering wheel. Seems pretty damn good to me.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I had a reversing camera fitted a year ago and I'm very glad I did. It takes the angst out of reversing - you never know what's out of sight otherwise. I think it is worth getting a decent make: both Camos and Waeco get good reviews. We have a Camos RV 532 and it works very well. (Fitted by a trade member of this forum if you can get to Telford.) I would not go for the wireless variety: the camera still needs a 12V supply if it has a heater element to keep the view frost free in v cold weather, so you might as well run the signal cable at the same time. In the case of Camos, it's all one multi-cable.

Philip

>>Link Removed<<

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

alan and sue

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
Funster No
Hi

I liked the suggestion that you could tie wife/partner/husband/kids to the bike rack with a walkie talkie

Jobs a gudun :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Kevin and Trica :Doh:

thanks all for your posts, as for this post I have to say she does have her uses while in the cab with me. like unrapping sweets for me while I am driving:ROFLMAO::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back