Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
can any 1 recommend a 12 v heater? we are setting off to disney friday and just want 1 to keep every one warm in the back whilst driving down. our m/h just has gas blow air heating so i cant run that whilst driving so can any1 tell me of a good little 12v one please.

i have see Link Removedbut cant imagine them to be very good or am i wrong?

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
To be honest I have never yet found a 12v heater that did any more than use electricity and nothing else.

A typical 12v hair dryer is an example you would be better off sitting near a hot cup of tea, or just plain blowing. As the OH says they are as good as a chocolate fire-guard.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
To be honest I have never yet found a 12v heater that did any more than use electricity and nothing else.

A typical 12v hair dryer is an example you would be better off sitting near a hot cup of tea, or just plain blowing. As the OH says they are as good as a chocolate fire-guard.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

:Cool: I agree with Dave. I have 2 of these 12 volt heaters. You get MORE heat from a 12 volt kettle and THAT is NOT saying much either. :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Running Gas Blown Heating whilst travelling

Hi,

I can only say that it works fine on my Hymer and never causes any problems - not sure about legality and MUST turn off before fuelling or going on a ferry!

Oooh but it is nice to be warm in a large box that sure defeats the cab heater.

Best wishes to all for the forthcoming festivities.

If it don't do good - don't do it!

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi, dont know about European campers,but we run our heating in the RV when its cold when traveling.
We also run the genny going down the road if we need extra aircon and for the locker freezer.

OP
OP
T

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
might give it a try then just worried about pilot light going out and getting a gas leak or summat along them lines

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
If you have a modern boiler you'll most probaly find it doesn't have a pilot light. It will work from a Piezo igniter when the main burner needs to come on.

Also if it does have a pilot flame then there should be a flame failure device which will cut off the gas supply to the pilot light.

My X2/50 has a good idea. The engine's hot water system has been extended to under the driver's seat. So when we need heating in the habitation area there is an extra fan switch on the dashboard that blows through this heater matrix and pushes the heated air to the rear.

Works really well, we have to turn it off after 15 minutes as the dog is starting to puff and pant :Smile:

OP
OP
T

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
my m/h is an 08 so i might be ok, i will give it a go for a few miles then check its ok. thanks again every 1

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Give your passengers blankets and regular TEA stops - far less expensive

Heaters only make you more cold when you open your back door xxxxx

Hope you have a safe one as heavy snow is forecast xxxxxxxxxx

sakura881220

Free Member
Jan 14, 2010
Funster No
can any 1 recommend a 12 v heater? we are setting off to disney friday and just want 1 to keep every one warm in the back whilst driving down. our m/h just has gas blow air heating so i cant run that whilst driving so can any1 tell me of a good little 12v one please.

I bought some car accessories from there, I'd like to share with you,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back