Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
The first MH show we went to at York we wondered why vans had all sorts of masts and flags flying very colourful, it was only when we TRIED to go back to our van that we realised one white van amongst 2000 plus was not the easiest thing to to do I finally found it after about 30 mins and even then it was behind me. Pete :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
...or there's here. Seems quite reasonably priced. :thumb:

http://www.lifebreeze.co.uk/shop.php?pg=cat&cat=poles

We got our new, longer pole from him at Malvern in August. Nice chap.

John

I have an 8m one of these - they are excellent!!

A tip for those that have Fiamma bike racks - The clip that holds the bike in the folded position, is perfect for clipping onto the pole. I then secure it closed with a lightweight zip tie. I put a fairly large screwdriver into the ground directly below the pole, and then slide the bottom section over it. Secured top and bottom, it will remain vertical, and is very secure.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Managed to break my 8 mtr one in high winds at the beginning of october :-(
Will def be getting another one soon though !

Does anyone else suffer collapsing pole syndrome ? !

No matter how hard I pulled the old one out sooner or later one of the sections would slip in to its lower brother .. I suspect it was to do with the twirly flag we had,, the vibes may have caused the problem but I never really found out for sure

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
:thumb:Most sellers do a solid top section to replace the lightweight one

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long

No matter how hard I pulled the old one out sooner or later one of the sections would slip in to its lower brother .. I suspect it was to do with the twirly flag we had,, the vibes may have caused the problem but I never really found out for sure

You can get sectioned poles that you fit the sections together, rather than the telescopic type. Fishing tackle shops for these. :Smile:

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years

Atight rubber washer or band helps,put it at the joint thats slipping and it works a treat:thumb:

Ajax

Free Member
Jul 28, 2009
Funster No
Pennants or bust

Hi guys,
In anticipation of a Pennant in New yr ::bigsmile: Who does Flagpoles and what model/size is usual ? Thx Mike.

Hi Guys,

Am I the only one who doesn't get pennants ! whats the point ? something else to carry, errect, protect, or am I missing something really important.

Happy Christmas:winky:
Ajax

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi Guys,

Am I the only one who doesn't get pennants ! whats the point ? something else to carry, errect, protect, or am I missing something really important.

Happy Christmas:winky:
Ajax

Yup....you're not a fungi! :ROFLMAO:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
LOL Spacerunner !!!

Cheers for the tip re the rubber rings.. I have loads of o rings that I use on various mechanical bits I manufacture..
Already have a new pole ( somewhere ! ) so will sort out the rings to go with it :Smile:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
No not at all - when the collapside/telescopic fishing equipment is carried in a locker anyway (and the pole was bought for me but it's far too heavy even for Pete so imagaine what this wimp said about it) - it's a very sensible use of summat that = totally wasted money otherwise - and I think they are very jolly meself !

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi
The first MH show we went to at York we wondered why vans had all sorts of masts and flags flying very colourful, it was only when we TRIED to go back to our van that we realised one white van amongst 2000 plus was not the easiest thing to to do I finally found it after about 30 mins and even then it was behind me. Pete :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like a bit of a pantomime to me!
Cheers, Dave:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back