Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Hi
Does anyone have a sea fishing licence for Spain and how did you get it?
It appears that you need a licence to fish off the beach apparantly the Guardia Civil have been issuing fines in the Mojacar area and can also confiscate your equipment. The licences i think are issued regionly and not nationally ,another problem is they only recognise an 8 digit identification number and the uk passport is nine digits.
Wanderer

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
It depends on region,, and like a lot of things in Spain you have to have a Spanish address for that to be processed..:Doh:

So it depends on where you want to fish and if you are prepared to have your tackle ( sorry just had a picture in my mind of a big fat Guardia Civil cutting off your privates) :ROFLMAO: impounded/confiscated.. :RollEyes:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Hi
Does anyone have a sea fishing licence for Spain and how did you get it?
It appears that you need a licence to fish off the beach apparantly the Guardia Civil have been issuing fines in the Mojacar area and can also confiscate your equipment. The licences i think are issued regionly and not nationally ,another problem is they only recognise an 8 digit identification number and the uk passport is nine digits.
Wanderer

I have not done it myself but have been told that yes you do need a licence to fish in Spain and you can get them at the Ayuntamiento, (town hall) but its possible that the licence is local and not national, as to the passport, stick a zero in front.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
To get a licence you need a nif number or passport number you can pick up a form from a fishing shop and pay in a bank they will give you proof that you have paid and waiting for a licence but each area you go to fish they will want a licence. hope this helps:Smile:

onthebeach

Formerly 'Leggo'
Jul 19, 2009
Southern Spain
Funster No
Exp
5 yrs
Hi Wanderer

Although I agree with what the others have stated, it would be advisable to check out about insurance. As I am a Fresh water fisherman here in Spain, and I have to carry my proof of insurance for fishing. Although I am not sure about sea fishing, but I would think the same would apply.

Hope this helps.

Leggo

TIGHT LINES:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Amazing what you learn on this forum..

I've often fished off the beach in Spain and never knew a license was required.. :Doh:
guess I'm just lucky not to have lost my tackle .. mind you, never caught anything worth eating anyway :roflmto:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
this sounds about right for spain......you need a rod licence to fish off the beach or rocks etc to catch the occasional fish but they can come into our fishing grounds with their trawlers and overfish our bit....:Angry:

Sep 10, 2007
Chobham Surrey
Funster No
MH
CS Reisemobil Panel Van
Exp
10 years
Hi, chaps, I asked a very nice lady in the tourist office in Conil de la frontera today this very question, and it transpires that you do need a shore licence to fish, but to get one you need a NIF number, which you can get from the police, if you are buying property or a car, so its a pain if your not a resident. Any way I think there is a work round, I had purchased a shore licence in Portugal (Easy you can get them from a ATM) and according to the powers that be this is accepted as a valid in Spain. the tourist office lady checked with the appropriate department in Cadiz town-hall. This is on the basis that as a tourist you have a valid licence
from another EU country, it dose not specify that you need to be resident where you brought
it, I hope this helps.

x Ray

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, chaps, I asked a very nice lady in the tourist office in Conil de la frontera today this very question, and it transpires that you do need a shore licence to fish, but to get one you need a NIF number, which you can get from the police, if you are buying property or a car, so its a pain if your not a resident. Any way I think there is a work round, I had purchased a shore licence in Portugal (Easy you can get them from a ATM) and according to the powers that be this is accepted as a valid in Spain. the tourist office lady checked with the appropriate department in Cadiz town-hall. This is on the basis that as a tourist you have a valid licence
from another EU country, it dose not specify that you need to be resident where you brought
it, I hope this helps.

x Ray

all well and good Ray, but we all knoiw how the spanish authorities flout their own laws and individually interprete them as THEY see fit.:Doh:::bigsmile:

ask two officials a question on law and you'll get two different answers.....ask 3 and you'll get 3.......or arrested for being a doubter. :RollEyes:

Sep 10, 2007
Chobham Surrey
Funster No
MH
CS Reisemobil Panel Van
Exp
10 years
Well the lady in the tourist office was good enough to give me the number of Delegation De Agricultura Y Pesca, so if I have any problems with the Guardia Civil at least I can suggest they call them before carting me off in irons, but most people here seem nice and friendly,
even the old bill.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Well the lady in the tourist office was good enough to give me the number of Delegation De Agricultura Y Pesca, so if I have any problems with the Guardia Civil at least I can suggest they call them before carting me off in irons, but most people here seem nice and friendly,
even the old bill.

You're quite right Ray - there's Spain ( the bits where Brits are in the majority) and The Costa de la Luz! They do actually seem to like us here!! :roflmto::roflmto:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
true Ray, but you're still a brave man to argue with spanish plod.

they'll nick you just for being there....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

sorry...i'v read too many negative threads about the spanish police and not enough positive ones to balance it out. :Blush:

i'm sure most are very pleasant and understanding people.:thumb:

Sep 10, 2007
Chobham Surrey
Funster No
MH
CS Reisemobil Panel Van
Exp
10 years
This is a good site for fishing info, abroad and UK,
Its free
Link Removed

OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Hi
We are going to the town hall with our 8 digit EHIC card on monday to see if we can get licence .The system appears to be:
get form from town hall
go to bank and pay fee
return to town hall with proof of payment and copy of passport plus completed form and licence will be issued

If the EHIC card wont work find a friendly local who will sponsor you get his 8 digit id number name and address go to bank and pay fee using his details , return to town hall and the licence will be issued in your name
Wanderer

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
Hi
We are going to the town hall with our 8 digit EHIC card on monday to see if we can get licence .The system appears to be:
get form from town hall
go to bank and pay fee
return to town hall with proof of payment and copy of passport plus completed form and licence will be issued

If the EHIC card wont work find a friendly local who will sponsor you get his 8 digit id number name and address go to bank and pay fee using his details , return to town hall and the licence will be issued in your name
Wanderer

I would not try to use a friendly locals number if i were you, not only will you get into trouble but the person who let you use it will just be straight with them tell them your on holiday and would like to fish from the beach or river remember with our nif number is a photo copy of our passport so easy for them now to look this up from the police car.:thumb:

OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Hi
The idea behind using a local persons name and id is to enable the fee to be paid at the bank and that person would act as a sort of sponsor ensuring that you fished within the conservation rules of Spain.
Wanderer

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
Hi
The idea behind using a local persons name and id is to enable the fee to be paid at the bank and that person would act as a sort of sponsor ensuring that you fished within the conservation rules of Spain.
Wanderer

If they say you can use someone nif number and your not to far from me i will meet up with you and you can use mine I live about 40min drive from Alicante and i dont mind driving to meet you.::bigsmile:

Sep 10, 2007
Chobham Surrey
Funster No
MH
CS Reisemobil Panel Van
Exp
10 years
wanderer, if you are near Mojacar check out this.

Link Removed

The Beachcomber is also the headquarters of & Mojacar's Angling Club so if you need info local fishing spots or beach, boat and coarse licenses call in and ask for John.

Ray

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back