Which is best small TV for Camper (1 Viewer)

gunerdoo

Free Member
Oct 16, 2009
Funster No
MH
ROMAHOME
I have searched and cant find no info on tv's ?
I would like some opinions on small tv's for a romahome ?

Thanks in Advance

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
I have a nice 10.4 inch lcd dv tv for sale ideal for a small camper complete with all accessories and boxed and in as new condition new motorhome has 15in tv as fixture page 12 of MH accesrories for more details and picture lokk at page 12 of MH accessories for more details

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
In a Romahome size matters! I would set the absolute maximum screen size at 10".

I bought a Roadstar 7" flat screen (LCD 7114) which is extremely compact, weighs next to nothing, and takes up hardly any space at all. Picture quality is very good too.

Here is the same model selling on ebay which isn't a bad price as I paid £60 for mine two years ago!

Link Removed

Just noticed.....what this seller hasn't mentioned is these TV's come as a complete kit with all leads, connectors and a remote, and will power off 240v/12v or batteries. There are sockets at the back which you can use to run an mp4 player through as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dencol

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Sorry cannot help re TV as still looking for a decent set. Have tried a different set from Maplins and it was rubbish ( they don't sell it anymore and the one suggested may be ok).

When looking can I suggest that you find one that is designed to run on mains and 12volt (borrowed a set to try out and ended up on site with no hookup and mains TV:RollEyes: ) Have know some people buy a mains only set from shop that comes with a mains lead that includes a transformer to drop power to 12 volt, then make up their own power lead for 12 volt straight from the leisure battery to TV but have been told this can damage the TV. (sure someone else on the site with a better understanding can clarify)

Don't know what type of aerial set up you have I am working on one of these digital flying saucer types that came with the van to be honest reception is useless so would suggest trying to find one with DVD player then at least you can watch something.

If you get a TV and like me find poor reception or no signal it may as in my case be the aerial rather than the TV

Best of luck

Colin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006

Thanks in Advance

Hi gunerdoo

If you're interested I've a laptop style TV for sale.

11" screen
built in dvd
plays off usb
digital and analog tuner
screen folds flat allowing it to be attached to headrest
12volt and mains

I've only used it about half dozen times.

£75 plus postage

pm me if your interested.

Cheers
Alan

Link Removed

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
TV for camper

Hi we bought the Meos 12* from We Do Digital think it was £189.99
it has built in DVD player and a built in battery, it will work for about 2-3 hours on its own battery or on 12v if no hook up.
We bought the Avtex portable digital Aeriel to run it that just plugs into the van,s 12v socket. This can be mounted on the outside of the van if needed.
We have had no problems would recommend it, try doing a search on threads for MEOS
Best of luck. - Sue
::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back