Vodafone Data only sim card (1 Viewer)

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I have unlocked my Virgin dongle that uses the T-Mobile network, I have now managed to get hold of a Vodafone data only sim card which works, all well and good so far, now can anyone tell me how I top it up as I do not have phone number for it and as far as I am aware as it is data only it does not have one. Vodafone's website ain't much use either, I can only assume it's normally done via Vodafones dongle software that I don't have.

Any ideas?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Dane, we have the same sort of thing when we are in Germany, but we have a T- Mobile in ours, we just go in the shop and top it up.:Smile: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
When I registered my sim on the vodafone website I did so using the unlocked dongle and vodafone sim as the connection. The web site automatically recognised the mobile number.

Once you have registered you can top up on the web site.

If you put the sim in a normal mobile and key *#100# then the sim number should be displayed (at least it was with my Vodafone Broadband sim).

Hope this helps

Lunarman

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Not able to put it in another phone as it is data only so can't ring another one.
When on the web site it's asking me for the phone number but I do not know if it has one.

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Have you tried ?

I have now Brian, set it up on my mobile got the number and registered it with vodafone so now can top up:thumb:

Many thanks for all the help.

Was panicing there for a bit after all it cost me £5.75 off fleabay with £15 pounds worth of credit on it (hows that work?) oh well all sorted now.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Hi Diablo,

I do not know if you are aware that the vodafone service has "content control" enabled as standard. This is vodafones way of ensuring that minors cannot access inappropriate web sites through their service.

The problem with this is that it stops access to a lot of sites e.g.flikr photo albums, other that those with adult content, and it also appears to stop some pages loading completely.

To get this removed you have to visit a vodafone retail shop (not a reseller such as comet or carphone wharehouse) with the sim number and proof of age. They will not remove it over the phone.

Regards

Lunarman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Lunarman

Thanks for the heads up I didn't know that I have the number now so can pop into one of their retail outlets and get it sorted.:thumb:

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
A data sim is the same as a phone sim. I am still using a Vodafone phone sim card in an unlocked dongle. My £10 top up has lasted 2 months so far. When you put a phone sim in your dongle, you have to put in the right settings on the dongle software. The settings are readily available on the net. Just put a search in for dongle settings for the internet.

ken

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back