Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
not a techie use bt internet and xp have noticed for some reason that the last 2 weeks most posts I open can take over a minute and half to open, sad but i started to time them , the main forum site opens straight away is anyone else encountering this problem I dont think its my pc as all other sites i visit open immediately

twooks

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
I'm not techie either - also use BTB and XP - not had any problems
[well, no more than usual - :Doh: ]

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I'm on Vista with Talk Talk, Often have to 'log in' twice-but after that posts open quickly.
I find I have to 'refresh' quite often to get latest posts.
Mike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I am on XP and Firefox, Presently everything is fine. I have experienced a slow opening post now and again, still trying to track it down. Nowhere near a minute though, probably 10-15 seconds longer than normal.

twooks

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
Hi again,
I normally use Firefox - thinking of going chrome but currently temporarily on IE8

have noticed that I respond to a post - then find that there have been posts about 5 minutes earlier than mine but were not visible at the time I started post
[no, I'm really not the slow a typist - honest]

so there is a time lag somewhere - it's just not immediately apparent

Andy - V8 Diesel

Free Member
Sep 3, 2008
Manchester
Funster No
MH
30ft 5th wheel
not a techie use bt internet and xp have noticed for some reason that the last 2 weeks most posts I open can take over a minute and half to open, sad but i started to time them , the main forum site opens straight away is anyone else encountering this problem I dont think its my pc as all other sites i visit open immediately

I have been having this problem for a while now.

Connection virgin media - 50mb fiber optic :thumb:

Windows xp, Vista and windows 7 all have the same problem and its only with this site.

first up is when i open the main page most times i get server is busy please try later type message from vbulletin and i have to refresh some time three too four times before it displays.

click on a post and it takes any where from 1-2 Min's to open and some times it just opens back at the main page again.

once it opens the post
if i want comment on any thing and click post reply it take a few attempts it usually goes back to the main page or i get the vbulletin message again server busy it took me several goes to post this reply.

i did i search on goggle about the vbulletin message and it says some thing about server setting ?

hope this helps to sort the problems out.

delbert

Free Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi I am on Virgin Media 20MEG no problems, Logs on first time, posts open in seconds no delay in responding to posts, on XP and as I work from home I have to tunnel through our office network.

Hopesy

Free Member
Nov 5, 2008
South Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Hi, I'm on Virgin 50 meg and IE. No problem with the home page but when looking at post last week there was delay in the post opening. I wouldn't say it was a minute (didn't time them!!):ROFLMAO:, seems to have gone now.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
not a techie use bt internet and xp have noticed for some reason that the last 2 weeks most posts I open can take over a minute and half to open, the main forum site opens straight away is anyone else encountering this problem I dont think its my pc as all other sites i visit open immediately.
Yes.....and folk will come up with a variety of reasons, the favourite one being the browser you are using is either 'no good' or 'outdated' and you should upgrade or try another. They will rave about Chrome, Firefox or whatever else.

I've run IE6 for ages now but recently installed Chrome. No difference in speed of opening pages at all, infact in some cases IE6 proved to be quicker. Chrome is a lot less 'fussy' with less muck on the page. Tried Firefox and just didn't like the layout at all, but also neither was it any quicker than the other two.

I first experienced slow page opening when Jim changed the site over to this new server. Before then.....never a problem.

A lot is down to bandwidth and though people will tell you they are getting super fantastic figures because they have a 'super special package deal', in reality they are just quoting figures from the isp website. But anyone can check their bandwidth quite simply and quickly here; http://www.bandwidthtest.co.uk/

Also the amount of 'stuff' which has to load on a page. Look at the amount loading on mhf....smiley icons, motorhome icons, commercial trader ads.....not to mention the threads themselves! Oh....forgot to mention the fairy lights and snow!

Last edited:

john-A

Free Member
Dec 6, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika
Exp
n/a
It may be that your browser's cash (this is what your system uses when you load a web page ) it you find it slow try hitting the F5 button to refresh your page

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yes.....and folk will come up with a variety of reasons, the favourite one being the browser you are using is either 'no good' or 'outdated' and you should upgrade or try another. They will rave about Chrome, Firefox or whatever else.

I've run IE6 for ages now but recently installed Chrome. No difference in speed of opening pages at all, infact in some cases IE6 proved to be quicker. Chrome is a lot less 'fussy' with less muck on the page. Tried Firefox and just didn't like the layout at all, but also neither was it any quicker than the other two.

I first experienced slow page opening when Jim changed the site over to this new server. Before then.....never a problem.

A lot is down to bandwidth and though people will tell you they are getting super fantastic figures because they have a 'super special package deal', in reality they are just quoting figures from the isp website. But anyone can check their bandwidth quite simply and quickly here; http://www.bandwidthtest.co.uk/

Also the amount of 'stuff' which has to load on a page. Look at the amount loading on mhf....smiley icons, motorhome icons, commercial trader ads.....not to mention the threads themselves! Oh....forgot to mention the fairy lights and snow!

No problem with smileys in any of your posts stealing bandwidth:Smile:

Andy - V8 Diesel

Free Member
Sep 3, 2008
Manchester
Funster No
MH
30ft 5th wheel
this what i get most times

Capture.png

On the vbulliten forum its a common problem with server setting.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back