mythor

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
scotland
Funster No
Exp
one year and six months
Hi
This is a very beginner question But when going to England twice last year I am never to sure wheather I should go into lorry park where I seem to be very small or the car park where I seem to be to big kon Tiki 21 feet approx am going to Wales next week This is the services on motorway's I am talking about . Usually have arguement with husbend on these occations He does not drive MH ( but great back seat driver ) Where does everyone else go

ann:Doh:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Many services have a section for caravans, use that, or a quiet bit of the regular carpark. The lorry bit is OK but it very often stinks of diesel and urine which is a potent mixture:whatthe:

Upvote 0

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
As Jim has said, I head for the caravan parking area

Alan H

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi
This is a very beginner question But when going to England twice last year I am never to sure wheather I should go into lorry park where I seem to be very small or the car park where I seem to be to big kon Tiki 21 feet approx am going to Wales next week This is the services on motorway's I ann:Doh:

It's a nightmare. With some bloke in a peaked cap just waiting to stick a fine on you.

I usually head for Caravans.

But always scan the signs, if there is a sign saying you can't park then you can't get out of a fine.

Or you can always fall asleep and waken up to a fine on the windscreen :Smile:

Very user unfriendly.

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Parking at services

Hi Mythor

We also use the "caravan area" if signed, on arrival.:Smile:

If not then it is the HGV aarea, and if we select an area big enough for ten HGV's and park in the centre, the next two HGV's will park one on the left and one on the right, it must be our magnetic attraction!!:roflmto:

Do not park on the coaches area, evan if its empty, they usually have clamping warnings posted, we did once, and moved before the gas was switched on, some one was heading towards us, to warn us, we think.:Angry:

Nomadic

Upvote 0

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
hi, go to any tescos and get a store map, turn off motorways, easy park, nice food, often a cafe, and cheap fuel, they dont want us on service area, as others say, coach park, ,, fine, lorry park,,, stinks and you may carry it onto carpets,, tescos, may have to park furthest from store, but hey, after a long drive you need the walk,
a big welcome and enjoy, froghopper::bigsmile::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
See Here for the guidance I have been able to obtain.

As others have said, don't use the coach parking areas. Not because of penalties but for two very good reasons:
1. Coach drivers have to comply with tacho monitored regulations so have to know that they will be able to stop when necessary.
2. Many coach passengers are elderly and need to take advantage of the fact that coach areas tend to be closer to the MSA buildings as it means they don't have to walk so far.

Graham

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mythor

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
scotland
Funster No
Exp
one year and six months
regard parking

Thanks to you all will absorb all the info and also go to tesco for the map.
If I do stay in services only when had to I paid for the night but they are expensive and you dont get anything except parking try and only stay for the 2 hours just for a rest. but tesco is a good idea never thought of that. Though Ive probably seen some of you in Tesco in Inverness!! I am not a wild camper Havent got the guts really well yet anyway. So only want short stay to maybe see the town's but mainly to see the sights forest parks etc. but what I have read from some of you is if you take up two spaces pay for two spaces at least I am warned thanks to you all.
mythor

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back