irvy

Free Member
Dec 7, 2009
kent
Funster No
MH
burstner A cles
Exp
Hi I am new to motorhome fun but its looks like it could be very helpful.
We are hoping to visit Honfleur between our birthdays in January 15th-29th but it appears France shuts for the winter does anyone know of a site open in the vicinity
irvy

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Irvy and :welcome:to MotorHomeFun.:thumb:

flyingwelcome

I don't know of any campsites that will be open, but the Aire de Service will be.
Cost is €7 per night, plenty of room and it is safe. You may get an EHU if you are lucky. Enjoy your trip, we really like Honfleur ourselves.

Brisey

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I

irvy

Free Member
Dec 7, 2009
kent
Funster No
MH
burstner A cles
Exp
campsite Honfleur

Thank you, where is the Aire?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
From the A29 exit to Honfleur and follow the D580 into Honfleur.At the roundabout where the road meets the water turn right. The aire is located across a bridge directly in front of you. GPS co -ordinates are N49'25.173' E000'14.513 according to the aires book.

Upvote 0

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
There is an Open all year campsite halfway between Ouistreham and Caen at Ranville called Les Capucines. It's about 20 miles from Honfleur.

Phil.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

wayfarer

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Co. Clare. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi Irvy,
Welcome to the site. There are 2 campsites in the vicinity of Honfleur but both are closed for the winter. ( www.camping-catiniere.com www.campinglabriquerie.com ) I would agree with the others, try the Aire. it is very near the centre of the town and has power, water and toilet dump facilities. It is a beautiful town and well worth the visit if you haven't been before. Enjoy. :Smile:

Upvote 0

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
It's now got a loo as well.

It seemed to have far more EHU points this year than it has in the past too.

Honfleur is one of my French favourites. It's probably got more art galleries than shops, and more restaurants than art galleries, and the seafood is excellent, and not too expensive.

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We are hoping to visit Honfleur between our birthdays in January 15th-29th but it appears France shuts for the winter does anyone know of a site open in the vicinity
irvy
Hi Irvy,

Welcome to FUN.

Honfluer is one of our favourites too, and the Aire is large, safe, and close to town one way, and a Lidl/Aldi the other.
The parking machine charges about €7.00 per 24hrs, and can be paid by credit card, choosing English from the language selection. There was an attendant there daily, during September time, but not sure if she is there during winter.

If your having a quality Trappist beer down by a harbour side cafe/bar, you'll need mega €s. :Eeek::Eeek::Sad:

HTH,

Jock.

P.S. Jim's link to a map is very good.

Upvote 0

jamesrob

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Funster No
aires

irvy
ther is a large aires there 1 min from town on the river

Upvote 0

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
irvy

Hi Irvy....welcome.....just been talking to the wife as we go to Honfleur a lot...and yes it is a good base to look around the beautiful town.............Chris (the wife) has just said it is definitely open..BUT.. the water will be switched off, so if have the motorhome full of fresh water you should be alright and don't forget they sell bottled water over here in every supermarket and it is very cheap....so if it just the water that would be no problem......we think the electric will be on(as we can not see why it should be off) and yes as Doug has said in a previous thread there are a lot more electric hookups now all around the boundaries...........they said they turn the water off in winter, in case of frost and the pipes freezing up.
The last info we have about the water was on the notice board on the Aire.

7 euros per night N49'25.173 E000'14.513 ..... HONFLEUR

Mel

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back