Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Guys and Gals

I am looking for a good spot to park in Lyon, France in May 2010..

Any suggestions?

ShiftZZ

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: Depends on how long for? We took our daughter to Lyon University for a 6 month period. Both times when dropping her off and then picking her up we parked overnight by the side of one of the rivers in the centre with our old RV. :thumb:

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi

Thanks for that.

We are going to celebrate my friends 40th birthday, so I am unsure about the 'drunk in charge' rules in France, not that I would risk it.

Never been to Lyon and am seriously wondering in the 'van' is the better option, tolls etc...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ShiftZZ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Never been to Lyon and am seriously wondering in the 'van' is the better option, tolls etc...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ShiftZZ

:Cool: We never used the Toll roads. Ferry to Dunkirk and National roads all the way to Lyon and then onto Spain. Great scenery, even in Winter. :thumb:

Just ONE word of warning though. Parking by the side of the River is no problem provided you move first thing in the morning. As it then becomes a 3 lane Motorway for workers. There are some parking spaces that are NOT part of that though in the same lanes. :thumb:

dragabed

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Funster No
parking in lyon

there is no drunk in charge law in france i believe the uk is the only country to enforce this very sticky law.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back