WHITBY area pub meals ? recomendations ? (1 Viewer)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all, we go to Whitby quite a lot but always seem to end up in the same pubs cafes and chippies :ROFLMAO: (because we know they are good ) Nothing wrong with them :thumb: but thought we may have a change :Smile:
Any recommendations for a nice pub meal ? we were planning to eat in the Falcon inn (between Whitby and Scarborough ) but this is shut on Monday and Tuesday :whatthe: Any ideas ? thanks
terry

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Sorry that this ended up in tips and tricks I did not notice until too late :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
If you don't mind a drive then the Denning Arms at West Ayton cannot be beaten> :thumb::Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
The problem with recommending somewhere is, peoples tastes are different also places change, I liked the food in the Duke of York (but it may not be good now), the food in the George Hotel was not good.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
The problem with recommending somewhere is, peoples tastes are different also places change, I liked the food in the Duke of York (but it may not be good now), the food in the George Hotel was not good.

:thumb::ROFLMAO: not going to condemn anyone :thumb: it could well be nice one day and not the next :ROFLMAO: It is just what you find :thumb: if somewhere usually makes a nice pub / restaurant meal news travels fast but not as fast as a poor / bad one
terry

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If you don't mind a drive then the Denning Arms at West Ayton cannot be beaten> :thumb::Smile:

that'll be the DENISON ARMS at EAST AYTON ken.
west ayton has the forge valley hotel.

us from the east dont like being grouped with the to**ers from the west. :roflmto:
havent been for a year or two now but the portions are MASSIVE !

only downside, the veg is steamed/boiled to death.....bland and tasteless.

ronfleur

Free Member
Apr 26, 2008
Funster No
sandsend

Think that's what its called to the north there is a nice pub on the corner which is also dog friendly. Does tradtional Sunday lunches
Barry

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
we were planning to eat in the Falcon inn (between Whitby and Scarborough )

3 or 4 miles further on, off the main road, is the Brytherstones inn (pronounced 'Brierstones')

when you enter Cloughton village, first village after the moors, turn first left, ON the right hand bend,...follow for 1 mile and the pubs on the left.

excellent food and family owned and run.

large carpark to the rear and some parking in front.

Mixter

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Now a year - cant believe it!
Get thisen across to RHB, theres some good pub food there. The Bay Hotel at the bottom, and the Dolphin (i think its called) just up the adjacent narrow street.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
that'll be the DENISON ARMS at EAST AYTON ken.
west ayton has the forge valley hotel.

us from the east dont like being grouped with the to**ers from the west. :roflmto:
havent been for a year or two now but the portions are MASSIVE !

only downside, the veg is steamed/boiled to death.....bland and tasteless.

Yep you are right of course. You have to remember I am navigationally challenged. :Blush: And yes the portions are massive but the veg wasn't bad last time we were there. I find most pubs over cook the veg for my taste. :winky:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Yep you are right of course. You have to remember I am navigationally challenged. :Blush: And yes the portions are massive but the veg wasn't bad last time we were there. I find most pubs over cook the veg for my taste. :winky:

not a problem Ken :thumb:

anyone not knowing the area may look for the denning in west ayton and never find it.
someone did say they have improved the veg quality recently.....maybe a new chef !

i dont know what the forge is like these days...last time i was in there it was thrupence, three farthings for a pint.:roflmto:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
not a problem Ken :thumb:

anyone not knowing the area may look for the denning in west ayton and never find it.
someone did say they have improved the veg quality recently.....maybe a new chef !

i dont know what the forge is like these days...last time i was in there it was thrupence, three farthings for a pint.:roflmto:

That must've been last week the prices have gone up a bit. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I thought it was only me could remember a farthing. With Jenny Wren on the face? :roflmto:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Get thisen across to RHB, theres some good pub food there. The Bay Hotel at the bottom, and the Dolphin (i think its called) just up the adjacent narrow street.

Enlighten me RHB ? Robin hoods bay ? :ROFLMAO:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back