HarryM

Free Member
Sep 23, 2009
Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Has anyone taken a 2004 Fiat Ducato 2.8JTD into the LEZ and were you required to pay the LEZ charge? Our MH although registered at the DVLA does not show up on the compliance checker. I have sent the details to the LEZ office in Worthing but as yet no response.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I havent got a clue what this LEZ is other than its some sought of emissions limit over which a payment is required.

It must be a suvvern thing cos nobody tell us norveners out.

Only driven through the "SMOKE" a few times in the last few years, Iv'e seen these dirty big sighns that tell me I'm entering an LEZ, but now that I'm in there what am I supposed to do?.

What I do do is carry on and nobody bothers me ?????

Jim
:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
For peace of mind go to the LEZ website and do a compliance check

Link Removed

Alan H

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Only driven through the "SMOKE" a few times in the last few years, Iv'e seen these dirty big sighns that tell me I'm entering an LEZ, but now that I'm in there what am I supposed to do?.

What I do do is carry on and nobody bothers me ?????

Jim

Hi Jim could it be that your Petrol?? ::bigsmile:

LEZ only applies to diesel vehicles, so my 8.1 litre is fine. ::bigsmile:

Olley

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

Olley

what I don't understand is why petrol is considered safer than diesel, the benzine given off is far more dangerous than the sulphur from diesel .. ..

and why are electric cars green ? the leccy, for the most part is still produced up in Yorkshire from huge coal burning stations..

this is no more than a political conjuring trick, dreamt up by the men in grey suits to generate cash for the London mayors trough.

a case of out of sight.. out of mind perhaps.. or nimbyism ?

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Jim its not the sulphur, its the particulates (smuts to you and me) they are apparently carcinogenic, petrol produces bugger all, diesels loads. That's why all new diesels will soon have to have a particulate filter fitted.

Olley

Upvote 0

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980

Olley

Well there you go Olley, we learn something new all the time. The thing is even if I was diesel, what does it mean to me. Nobody tells us anything.

Ive just carried out a straw poll in the office and nobody has a clue what their supposed to be doing.

Jim

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim its not the sulphur, its the particulates (smuts to you and me) they are apparently carcinogenic, petrol produces bugger all, diesels loads. That's why all new diesels will soon have to have a particulate filter fitted.

Olley

my mistake . smuts it is, soot in other words .. but petrol produces bugger all ???

what about Benzene..?

Benzene

Although lead-free petrol has been of major benefit in reducing lead levels, premium grade unleaded petrol uses benzene as an additive to maintain performance. Benzene has been shown to be a carcinogen, and in the United States there has been some correlation between benzene contamination at a petrol station and child cancers at an adjoining school. There is increasing concern at benzene pollution in the UK which has increased with the use of premium grade unleaded petrol, and monitoring for benzene is needed to quantify the extent of emissions.

Upvote 0

bill2b

Free Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp

Olley
Olly
In these health and safety times Everything seems to be classed as carsinogenic,
Old engine oil
Swarfega
Etc etc
They are taking away all our fun
:RollEyes:

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Your right no fun. My old mate Lance had fun in the fifties slinging asbestos at his mates while they where building Ipswich power station, he died this year from asbestosis. :Sad:

We don't find out about these things till its to late, lead levels in the atmosphere are way higher than they were in the twenties, and won't come down for years yet.

If the LEZ improves the air for the poor sods who live in London then I am for it. But I agree large petrol engines like mine should be banned as well.

Olley

Upvote 0

bill2b

Free Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Your right no fun. My old mate Lance had fun in the fifties slinging asbestos at his mates while they where building Ipswich power station, he died this year from asbestosis. :Sad:

We don't find out about these things till its to late, lead levels in the atmosphere are way higher than they were in the twenties, and won't come down for years yet.

If the LEZ improves the air for the poor sods who live in London then I am for it. But I agree large petrol engines like mine should be banned as well.

Olley

I know what you are saying Olly and I sympathise at your loss But,
I have not heard of anyone dying from over use of swarfega or constant picking their sump plug out of the drained oil!
I agree with health and safety but do think it goes way too far most of the time.
Common sense is not taken into account any more!
IMHO the whole "Green" issue is just a big money spinner for HMG and the rest of the spin doctors

Upvote 0

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?

Olley

Been there too Olley....

If you feel guilty why not run on lpg?

"
Autogas is an outstanding fuel for vehicles that must comply with increasing stringent emission requirements. Low emissions of particulates (PM), carbon monoxide (CO), nitrogen oxide (NOx), and non-burned hydrocarbons (HC) enable autogas to outscore conventional fuels and most alternatives for environmental benefits.
It also plays an important role in mitigating climate change, because it is among the lowest life-cycle greenhouse gas emissions of all commercially available fuels. Moreover, autogas is a non-toxic and non-poisonous fuel that will not contaminate aquifers or soil if spilled.

Autogas is simply a clean transportation fuel. Its impressive environmental benefits are influencing fuel choice decisions, and are rapidly driving increased use in many countries.
Compared to gasoline, autogas yields:

• 50% less carbon monoxide
  • 40% less hydrocarbons
  • 12% less carbon dioxide
  • 35% less oxides of nitrogen
  • 50% less ozone forming potential"

Upvote 0

schojac

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
new in 2009
Hi,

visited Abbey Woods October, checked online re. LEZ, registration was identified and all was clear no problems. I have an Autotrail Mohican 2.8 JTD. I believe these vehicles will be clear until 2010.

Upvote 0

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years

Olley

I know, ask Locomave from a place that doesn't get much light!:cry:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back