Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi Folks.

So as not to miss out on the Valentine weekend this year, I reserved the rally field many many weeks ago at:

Grange Park at S c u n t h o r p e.

http://www.grangepark.com/

Address is:
The Grange
Butterwick Rd, Messingham,
S c u n t h o r p e,
DN17 3PP
01724 762945

on: 12 - 14th February 2010

We will be located on the flat rally field but unfortunately this does not come with EHU, there is water on the site, 2 loos, and showers that are open all the time. Don't worry about not having EHU, there should be plenty of us with generators to top up batteries if necessary.

There is plenty of hard standing and grass for those that prefer a softer ground. Either way we will all be pitched together.

The club house should be open on the Friday evening providing there are enough of us that want it.

There will be a meal on the Saturday night - menus will be posted tomorrow night along with the prices.

The camping fees are £8 per night

For those that want to brave the elements and do some fishing the price is £4 per day. (Don't forget this is the place where the fish literally fight to get on your hook).

It would be nice to have a boules competition on the Sunday (weather permitting) so bring your boules sets along.

If you just want a relaxing weekend to just have a laugh then this meet is also for you.

If you want to join us then please let me know and I will add you to the list.

See you soon
Pammy

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Too far for us, but we hope you have a fantastic time and that the weather is kind to you xxxxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi Folks.
So as not to miss out on the Valentine weekend this year, I reserved the rally field many many weeks ago at:
Pammy

You're on.

Subject to weather. I'm not struggling 3.5T over the Pennines if snow is falling.

And subject to surviving New Year's Eve.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Yep Pam,

We're up for that please, again, subject to prevailing weather conditions. It often snows in February. :winky:

Jock & Rita.

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
You're on.

Subject to weather. I'm not struggling 3.5T over the Pennines if snow is falling.

And subject to surviving New Year's Eve.

Hi Brian

Really glad you and your lovely wife have decided to join us. Tell her though that she won't have to help me over any styles at this meet :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Pammy

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Yep Pam,

We're up for that please, again, subject to prevailing weather conditions. It often snows in February. :winky:

Jock & Rita.

hi Jock & Rita

Glad you're going to join us - I have booked nice dry weather so we should all be ok.:thumb:

Adding you to the list as we speak.

Pammy

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Tell her though that she won't have to help me over any styles at this meet :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Pammy

It's not true she said. You've plenty of style, you just needed a hint of blusher and a bit more eye liner.

The green wellies, the duffle coat and the Gucci handbag went together perfectly.

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Pam

Due to you know what we are unsure if we can make it but put us down provisional.
We will just have to keep ******** crossed

:thumb:

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Please put us down for this as our winter pitch is close to this venue. It will be the first meet we've tried - so hope you'll be gentle with us! :roflmto:

The loan of a generator if needed will be much appreciated. :thumb:

Al & Gill

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Please put us down for this as our winter pitch is close to this venue. It will be the first meet we've tried - so hope you'll be gentle with us! :roflmto:

The loan of a generator if needed will be much appreciated. :thumb:

Al & Gill

Hi Al & Gill

I'm sure you'll have a great time. Welcome drinks when you arrive and bacon butties on the Sunday for brecky - this will be a good meet to welcome you into the fold. :thumb:

There will be plenty of genies about so don't panic.

Pammy

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Cpease - adding you to the list, glad you decided to join us.

Sandj - who are you again??? :ROFLMAO: Oh I remember now - you're them nutters from up north who always make the meets great fun. Really hope you'll be able to make it.:winky:

Will add you to the list provisionally - just let me know if for some unfortunate reason you find out you can't make it. Get it booked off now Jan - the early bird catches the worm and all that.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
I have negotiated a price for the following menu.

Its 3 courses, at £10.50 per head.

STARTERS

Stilton and Mushroom Bruscetta
or
Minestrone Soup with Crusty Bread

MAIN MEAL​

Pan Fried Chicken Fillet topped with Tomato Basil and Mozzarella
or
Grilled Fillet of Salmon with Leeks and Smoked Bacon
or
Peppered Pork Schnitzel withy Creamy Pepper Sauce
or
Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding with Horseradish Sauce

All served with seasonal vegetables and potatoes

DESERTS​

Treacle Sponge and Custard
or
Individual Sherry Trifle

You have plenty of time to ponder over this as I don't want to know what you want until 10 days before we get there. I'm sure you will agree that it is a varied menu and something there for every type of taste.

If there is anyone who needs a vegetarian or other special diatery requirement then also please let me know.

Looking good so far. We have 8 vans going so far but there are loads of places available so come on you lot think ahead. Christmas will be over before you know it.:winky:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have negotiated a price for the following menu.
Its 3 courses, at £10.50 per head.

Pretty awesome.

Fingers crossed for the weather. From here we either head for Chesterfield or over the M62. Both are not user friendly in the winter.

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
We are a possible but could not get there until the Saturday, also it is our son and my brothers birthdays, that weekend so things could change (although my brother has a caravan would he be allowed?).

kevandmarg

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
Colne, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We would love to join you all. Just bought a motorhome this afternoon, collecting it 31/01/10 so would probably be our first outing. If no snow over the pennines we should be able to join you,

Kev & Marg

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
We would love to join you all. Just bought a motorhome this afternoon, collecting it 31/01/10 so would probably be our first outing. If no snow over the pennines we should be able to join you,

Kev & Marg
Congratulations.

Enjoy .Welcome to the fun.
flyingwelcome

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
We are a possible but could not get there until the Saturday, also it is our son and my brothers birthdays, that weekend so things could change (although my brother has a caravan would he be allowed?).

Seems like another excuse for this meet - two birthdays wow

Everyone is welcome at the Fun meets, we used to have some funsters come with a trailer tent - who are we to turn our noses up at any one who wants to come and have a good time.They will be made most welcome.:thumb:

I will put your names down as provisional - let me know if this turns into a confirmed Yes or if you decide not to come. I hope you all decide to join us though.

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years

Kev & Marg

Congratulations on your purchase Kev and Marg

This will be a great time to try your motorhome out and you will be with some great people.

Don't worry about the snow, I haven't booked any.:winky:

I'll add you to the list.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just bought a motorhome this afternoon, collecting it 31/01/10 so would probably be our first outing. If no snow over the pennines we should be able to join you,
Kev & Marg

Excellent. What have you bought ? 31st Jan, was that your choice ? Probably not, these MH sellers work on a different time scale to the rest of retailing. For goodness sake, you can even get a settee delivered by Christmas, so it says on TV.

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Pammy

Sounds like fun, we are new to MH'ing, have been caravanners for a few years but have now got an Autotrail Scout SE. Would love to come to the meet and see peeps.

thanks

The Stig + one and 2 BC's :Smile:

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Hi Pammy,

Please add us to the list for this

Mike and Sally + Marcus the dog

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi to The Stig

Would be great to meet you at this meet. Make sure you come over for a cuppa.:thumb:

Ehuplad - Will be glad to meet up again Mike and Sally, not seen you since Parc Verger. Some how can't see us getting the same sort of weather but they'll be plenty of rays of sunshine round all our vans.:winky:

Adding you to the list.

Pammy

GregM

Free Member
Nov 2, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
Exp
June 09
Put us down as provisional, this would be our 1st mhf meet so looking forward to it.

Greg, Tracey and the 3 boys and lady the lab.

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Hi to The Stig

Would be great to meet you at this meet. Make sure you come over for a cuppa.:thumb:

Ehuplad - Will be glad to meet up again Mike and Sally, not seen you since Parc Verger. Some how can't see us getting the same sort of weather but they'll be plenty of rays of sunshine round all our vans.:winky:

Adding you to the list.

Pammy

Thanks Pammy,

We always get that warm feeling whenever we are in the van, (the warm feeling may be just our age though)

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Put us down as provisional, this would be our 1st mhf meet so looking forward to it.

Greg, Tracey and the 3 boys and lady the lab.

Hi all

I hope it will be all you expect it to be. You will certainly get a warm welcome.

Adding you to the list as provisional. Please let me know when it becomes confirmed.:thumb:

See you soon hopefully

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hello Pammy,
We would have loved to come to the Valentines meet, and would have booked the meal too it looks very nice.
We are out with our regular rally group that weekend though (mostly caravans the odd tent and 1 5th wheeler!). Booked n paid.
Next time...
Do these rally meets come up often , and are children welcome ?
We are used to rallying with a mixed aged bunch from 1 year old to 90 years young:whatthe:
With us being new to motor homing, it would be great to meet up with fellow MH owners and pick your brains .
Bev

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back