Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Pipe dreaming again. It is a very wet and particularly miserable day here in Merseyside (and I guess much of England), so come on, all you experienced continental travellers, what could we expect of the weather right now, or maybe February in Spain?

It ain't going to happen this year, but we can dream, can't we? Put some colour in the dream by telling us it never rains in Spain, or at least, if it does, not for a fortnight on end, like here.

The reality is probably going to be a couple of weekends at a full amenity C&CC site (yes, boring, predictable, we know, but at least we know we can drive off), but a little hacked off to see Christmas/New Year rates the same as summer school holidays - commercial pressures I suppose.

Steve

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Pipe dreaming again. It is a very wet and particularly miserable day here in Merseyside (and I guess much of England), so come on, all you experienced continental travellers, what could we expect of the weather right now, or maybe February in Spain?

It ain't going to happen this year, but we can dream, can't we? Put some colour in the dream by telling us it never rains in Spain, or at least, if it does, not for a fortnight on end, like here.

The reality is probably going to be a couple of weekends at a full amenity C&CC site (yes, boring, predictable, we know, but at least we know we can drive off), but a little hacked off to see Christmas/New Year rates the same as summer school holidays - commercial pressures I suppose.

Steve

Sat here, the rain is pounding on the roof and the heater is pumping out the warm air.

Where am I ?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Marbella of course, where else !:RollEyes:

Pete:Cool:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Sat here, the rain is pounding on the roof and the heater is pumping out the warm air.

Where am I ?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

:Cool: Sat in the RV on Camping Almafra with the rain pounding on the roof and the heater not turned ON yet this Winter.
Have Long Johns on under my jogger bottoms and an extra Jumper under my Cardigan with a Blanket over my legs to keep out the cold. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
steveclecy

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
How dare you both spoil our pipe dream!

There we were, imagining you, at most, with light sweaters, walking the promenade, choosing which restaurant to go to, planning an invigorating swim in the Med in the morning, before a light lunch, a siesta, and who knows what after.

Instead the rain seems as bad as ours. Well, I bet your rain is warmer than ours!

Steve

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
Having spent most of the day outside shovelling donkey poo i can assure you the rain is no warmer here,Fuente De Piedra, Malaga ,Spain.:Sad:

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
These replies are not encouraging my desires to join the migration set next year :cry:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: Actually until today the weather has been the best Winter weather that we can remember. Apart from the 2 week storms in September while our daughter was visiting.
For instance yesterday, we had a leisurely afternoon game of Boules with our Dutch friends. Followed by Wine and nick-nacks. Followed by a steady drive to the Hong Kong Chino for the evening meal. Followed by a leisurely stroll along the road to walk the Dog and allow the ladies to peruse the Chino Bazaars and do a little shopping. :thumb:

Deleted User
Been in Alcossebre since beginning of October, rained twice in night, few cloudy days, swimming in sea yesterday, cloudy, windy and few showers today. Not always like this but better than UK....usually!!!!! But it is winter.

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Hi
We have been in Almeria since mid october wall to wall sunshine except for a 10 min shower last week and a lousy day on sunday when the pig roast took place had to retire to Bens giant awning and drown our sorrows.
I find the worst thing about wintering in Spain is listening to the uk news and media so depressing i know i shouldn,t
Wanderer

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Bloomin Hell !!!!!!

Just had my Winter Fuel payment deposited in the bank....(hooray !)
So that's my diesel for travelling South paid for.... (hooray !)
Just read the post about the crappy weather in Espana... (boo !)
As the song title goes..."Should I go or should I stay ?"... ( :help: )

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Detourer

Trader - Tour Operator
Jul 30, 2007
Spain and Morocco
Funster No
MH
4x4 OverLander
Exp
20+ years
Of course the big difference is that it was quite warm and sunny here [20k inland from Marbella] the day before yesterday, as it has been for some weeks.........then it rained heavy yesterday, but we were not up to our necks in flood water or forced to stay inside. Today there is no ice or frost to be found and it has returned to wall to wall blue, warm and dry..........

Quite [not] looking forward to a short return to the UK next week!

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Just had my Winter Fuel payment deposited in the bank....(hooray !)
So that's my diesel for travelling South paid for.... (hooray !)
Just read the post about the crappy weather in Espana... (boo !)
As the song title goes..."Should I go or should I stay ?"... ( :help: )

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

:Cool: Just had my Winter Fuel payment paid into my bank too today. Guess what? The SUN is STILL shining in SPAIN. :thumb:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Blowing a hurricane here in Vinaros all night safari room doing a good impresion of the Cutty Sark and cold as well.

:Sad: Yes it WAS a little Breezy last night. But today it has been calm enough to fly my little Aeroplane and Helicopter:-

Link Removed

Link Removed

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
It's 20 degrees here and not raining at all :Smile: -
I suppose I will have to take the dog out soon where it is -2 degrees and drizzling :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back