Jun 23, 2009
Staffs UK
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
3 months
Hi Folks,
I'm looking to improve the TV reception in my IH Tio R by possibly installing a new free to air system. Unfortunately, as with most of us, money is a bit tight! Hence me asking whether any of you good people could recommend a good reasonably priced system, either fixed (preferably), or portable. Mainly to use in the UK, maybe France too in the summer, but not too worried as I don't watch so much TV during the good weather.
Many thanks in anticipation of your valued advice.
Richy

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Folks,
I'm looking to improve the TV reception in my IH Tio R by possibly installing a new free to air system. Unfortunately, as with most of us, money is a bit tight! Hence me asking whether any of you good people could recommend a good reasonably priced system, either fixed (preferably), or portable. Mainly to use in the UK, maybe France too in the summer, but not too worried as I don't watch so much TV during the good weather.
Many thanks in anticipation of your valued advice.
Richy

As per papajohns post ..

£40 at B&Q .. great start up system.. dish and receiver, clamp the dish to your ladder with a standard TV pole or use a tripod .. can't get cheaper than that :thumb:

jim

GregM

Free Member
Nov 2, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
Exp
June 09
We purchased a Link Removed from maplins but tend to just put up a directional arial on a pole more often than not.

Greg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
We have got the £ 40 B anQ system. Includes everything you need. Works fine but without

some of the refinements of much more expensive stuff.

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Satellite System

We use the B&Q system too and it works great and 100's of channels. We have the sat dish on a tripod so we can point it anywhere, especially when parked under trees.

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
These Maplin suitcase systems are OK and they provide a suction mount. See here:

Link Removed

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
These Maplin suitcase systems are OK and they provide a suction mount. See here:

Link Removed

also keep an eye on Lidl / Aldi, they often sell this type. .. they benefit from having 12v receivers.

OP
OP
RichyB

RichyB

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
Staffs UK
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
3 months
Problem solved!.. :)))

For those of you who may be having reception problems, and who may be fairly capable with computers I decided to try USB freeview. When joining 3G mobile broadband I received a free welcome gift 'Hauppage Win TV'. You get a USB dongle, a small Ariel and a software disc. I'd forgotten about this for some 12 months, so decided to try it in my motorhome. Depending upon the area you are currently parked in dictates which channels are available, but mine has never picked up less than 60 even when way out in the sticks. But the main thing is no matter which channels you get reception is BRILLIANT! Dvd quality. To purchase the system only costs £30 or so, well worth a try! Love to all, Richy ::bigsmile:

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Cost

Sounds good but what does it cost by way of airtime from 3G?
Graham

OP
OP
RichyB

RichyB

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
Staffs UK
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
3 months
Once you've registered the product online you don't need the internet to watch tv. Your laptop and dongle just functions like a normal TV set.:roflmto:

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Dongle

Once you've registered the product online you don't need the internet to watch tv. Your laptop and dongle just functions like a normal TV set.:roflmto:
Thank you very much. I will look into it.
Regards
Graham & Jean

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
cant find the B & Q one on their website anyone know the name of it please

I think this one is identical to the BandQ system. You can order by phone or online.

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back